Saw my first funnel cloud

ff500

Established Member
As I was heading onto the Cape I saw these weird dark clouds, one of them had what looked like a wedge shape underneath it. I thought to myself that looks like a tornado, but on Cape Cod, no way! The rain starting coming down in buckets and when I finally got to my house, there were confirmed reports of funnel clouds, one less than a mile from my house, there was also a report of a water spout.

I tell ya, Mother Nature has gone crazy.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
3553cl.jpg

mysterio

Established Member
Don't forget, a tornado tore up Springfield just a summer or two ago. But I know what you mean; you don't expect that kind of thing in MA.

ff500

Established Member
There's been tornadoes in Ma before but to see funnel clouds on Cape Cod is extremely rare. Someone took this picture, it was posted on the local website and this is right down the street from my house. It's probably not the most exciting thing for some people but I thought it was pretty cool to see.

bilde.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I see stuff like this every other year or so..

577262_10150869406845842_1952116763_n.jpg

That's amazing seeing multiple waterspouts like that. But imagine being surrounded by multiple waterspouts. Now THAT would make me a bit uneasy. :eek:

Coiled03

Established Member
Wait until you see a full blown tornado on the ground......at night. It's awesome, and scary at the same time!

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Wait until you see a full blown tornado on the ground......at night. It's awesome, and scary at the same time!

Lol night tornadoes are no joke. Definitely scary. The one we had back in 1999 (may 3rd tornado) was CRAZY shit!! It was an F5, but they say it should have been closer to an F6 if there was an F6. 320mph+. :eek:

mnewxcv

Established Member
yeah it was really coming down yesterday. I work in hyannis and it was pretty nice till like 2pm and then it just poured, and i heard there was a funnel cloud in mashpee

ff500

Established Member
yeah it was really coming down yesterday. I work in hyannis and it was pretty nice till like 2pm and then it just poured, and i heard there was a funnel cloud in mashpee

I wish I had taken a picture with my phone, I was just about at the Bourne Bridge when I saw that wedge shaped cloud, it looked like it was right around Mashpee.

UncleDan

Established Member
Wow man... Yeah I'm from the cape myself. There have been a few random funnel clouds/tornados reported there over the years but I've never seen one.

Remember, we had an F3 rip through Springfield last summer and a lot of really bad thunderstorms too. This year could be worse.

Users who are viewing this thread