Saw My First Countour Today

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
So what were some of the competing vehicles of the CSVT? Integras?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
actually in the comparision it usually went up against BMW 3 series and Audi A4s IIRC

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> ...it usually went up against BMW 3 series and Audi A4s IIRC

Really!? Wow...Now I am even more impressed. I wished I had gotten the attention of the driver...And given him/her a thumbs up!

Sharkey

Established Member
For those that don't see many on the roads.... Come to michigan, especially detroit. SVT Contours are like honda civics....well, almost!
;-)

mambaman

Established Member
strangely enough, in my little town of something like 12k people, there are 3 CSVT's with another one to come. i dont' know why this is, but i kinda wish no one else had them....(in my town)

TJSwoboda

Established Member
That Car & Driver comparison test consisted of the following vehichles, from last place to first. (I memorize this, that's f***ing SAD. :)) All had MTXs:

6. VW Jetta GLX
5. Infiniti G20t ("Another 20 or 30 HP and a change of clothes would send this Infiniti to the top of the list.")
4. Saab 9-3
3. Ford SVT Contour
2. BMW 323
1. Audi A4 1.8T Quatro

The Audi was SLOW, second slowest to 60 after the Infinity, but they just liked the way it drove. (shrug) I'd have to drive them myself, but if I could have any of these cars for free, it would be the BMW. The SVTC was not only the cheapest in the test, however, it also had the fastest 0-60 time (6.9, the Bimmer was 7.1 but also the most expensive). *Buying* any of these cars, I decided, the SVTC would probably beat the BMW (unless I could not only afford, but easily afford a 323/325, which I can't :( ).

Actually the text of the article is on C/D's web site, a search for SVT Contour will turn it up easily... :)

Oh, I see the link now. Cool, I hadn't read that article. For anyone interested, I was referring to a different comparo from the April '99 issue.

--T.J.

Last edited:

svtcntrskid

Established Member
Originally posted by Sharkey
For those that don't see many on the roads.... Come to michigan, especially detroit. SVT Contours are like honda civics....well, almost!
;-)

wow. I have only seen one other SVTC in person in my 2 years of owning it..and that was in another state!

I wish there were more around so I could share my enthusiasm with someone. ;-)

It is fun though b/c most people have no idea what it is and have never seen one before. Someone yesterday was telling me how he read about them in magazines a couple of years ago but had never seen one on the road. Thought that was cool.

-Neal

Sharkey

Established Member
For talk about all contours, including SVT's, go to Contour.org. Its a pretty good site, and there is tons of contour specific info. Just try not to get caught up in the BS. There is alot of it in there.
Ken

Dustyn

Established Member
contour.org use to be the shiz , it would have like 300 people on at a time and now its has like 90. Where did it all go wrong? hmm:burn:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
it all went wrong once the cars got a few years old and the young rice stupidiy crowd started in. There are only a few people left whom I respect and I think we all know who they are. :)

Originally posted by Dustyn
contour.org use to be the shiz , it would have like 300 people on at a time and now its has like 90. Where did it all go wrong? hmm:burn:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
it all went wrong once the cars got a few years old and the young rice stupidiy crowd started in. There are only a few people left whom I respect and I think we all know who they are. :)

One of them isn't me. :)

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Yeah, there's a lot of small dick symdrome on CEG, IMO, but unfortunately it's far from the only place on the Net that you'll see that. I just don't understand WHAT the hell some of their problems are, but I hang out there anyway, there's a few sages worth reading...

--T.J.

Dustyn

Established Member
My favorite starter thread ever is "what about fordcontour.org" and then someone chimes in and says " here we go again or oh no here they come. The people that say the oh no are the ones that start the whole flame war. I see one of those threads at least once a month. Then that little 15 year old flamer.:cuss:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
dats why I like it over hear....no lil fuggin morons, and if we do have them...they get dealt with no pussy footing around...

Sharkey

Established Member
That's what I like about hanging out with Mustang guys. But not so much just mustang guys. Any one that knows more about cars than clear tail lights and APC stickers. You guys got it right.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
BTW, the other passenger who was with me when I saw the CSVT just told me that the exhaust was stock. Said he always wanted one. That is one obnoxious stock exhaust note...

Users who are viewing this thread