Saw My First Countour Today

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I had never heard of the SVT Countour until this forum. I had never seen one until today. At a stoplight. Pasadena, CA. Noted the SVT badge. Friend said it was the Countour. Aha! It literally roared off the line and took off. Wow!

I was truly impressed.

Last edited:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
I had never heard of the SVT Countour until this forum. I had never seen one until today. At a stoplight. Pasadena, CA. Noted the SVT badge. Friend said it was the Countour. Aha! It literally roared off the line and took off. Wow!

I was truly impressed.

Roared off the line; sounds like your car.

lol

Green SVT

Established Member
The first couple of years that the car was out I saw ONE on the road. Now that I have it, I still rarely see them. Thankfully when I do see them,they are usually in awesome shape. Except for the one I saw yesterday that was covered in mud and missing the grills.

-R-

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
seeing how there were just a lil over 10k built in its 4yrs of production you figure thats 200 per state IF they were distirbuted evenly, then take in how many have been totaled, etc etc....and rarely seen. I don't know if that is good or bad, to bad it doesn't help with the value

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
same thing :p Just on the other side of the pond and a few other minor things ;-)

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> there were just a lil over 10k built in its 4yrs of production

That is certainly rare. I was so focused on the car that I didn't even bother to take a look at the driver.

> Roared off the line; sounds like your car.

It was definitely throatier...And louder!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
haven't heard the bassani on the CSVT yet then :p still not has loud, but gotten many many many compliments from Mustang and Camaro guys on it.

Originally posted by ox03
[

> Roared off the line; sounds like your car.

It was definitely throatier...And louder!

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
haven't heard the bassani on the CSVT yet then :p still not has loud, but gotten many many many compliments from Mustang and Camaro guys on it.

I would be one of them:rolling:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Yup it sounds prtty darn tooten good

Green SVT

Established Member
11,445 to be exact. 6535 in '98. 2760 in '99. 2150 in'00. And they made changes evey year. So each model is distinct. Now if we could just go faster w/o breaking anything.

-R-

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by Green SVT
11,445 to be exact. 6535 in '98. 2760 in '99. 2150 in'00. And they made changes evey year. So each model is distinct. Now if we could just go faster w/o breaking anything.

-R-

And of the 6,535 made in 1998, how many were E0's?

:)

LogiWorld123

Established Member
4500 IIRC

Yeah, ive asked around and thats the general consensus. But I want hard facts, and Ford looks at me funny whenever I ask anyone.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
look at toadsters roundup, bout as hard as your gonna get

LogiWorld123

Established Member
look at toadsters roundup, bout as hard as your gonna get

numerous times. think i might email TH and ask him. that or go up to detriot and walk into SVT and ask.

I will be up there next summer! heh

TJSwoboda

Established Member
I first learned of the SVT Contour's existence reading the April 1999 Car & Driver (excellent sports sedan comparo), and instantly fell in love with it. I never saw one until I walked into Carmax 2 1/2 years later to look at the one I'd found on their website, which by a startling coincidence is the one I'm still driving. :D

In Spring 2000, however, I did see two ladies get into a Contour in the parking lot at work, and when they back out it made that growling sound that manual transmissions make in reverse. It could have been a regular 6 or 4 cyl. MTX or an SVT, I didn't get to look at the back of it. :(

After buying mine, I've seen a few on the road, a total of three I think.

--T.J.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by TJSwoboda
I first learned of the SVT Contour's existence reading the April 1999 Car & Driver (excellent sports sedan comparo), and instantly fell in love with it. I never saw one until I walked into Carmax 2 1/2 years later to look at the one I'd found on their website, which by a startling coincidence is the one I'm still driving. :D

In Spring 2000, however, I did see two ladies get into a Contour in the parking lot at work, and when they back out it made that growling sound that manual transmissions make in reverse. It could have been a regular 6 or 4 cyl. MTX or an SVT, I didn't get to look at the back of it. :(

After buying mine, I've seen a few on the road, a total of three I think.

--T.J.

I figured I wanted one when I saw the Mondeo on Speedvision eating up the field BTCC, and then getting embarassed by one at a stoplight in my 93 LX mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread