Saw My First Countour Today

JLG_SVT99

In my town (population 100,000 plus 50,000+ students and faculty for the University) there is only 1 other SVT besides mine... it's silver which is the most popular color besides black that you'll see. I have a green SVT and I've NEVER seen another one... only silver and blacks.

And as a side note I've hung around on the contour.org site before... but they seem to whine about anything they can... and they like to make you feel like a moron if you post a question that is easily answer or have an opinion seperate from theirs... grrr

Dustyn

Established Member
Originally posted by JLG_SVT99
In my town (population 100,000 plus 50,000+ students and faculty for the University) there is only 1 other SVT besides mine... it's silver which is the most popular color besides black that you'll see. I have a green SVT and I've NEVER seen another one... only silver and blacks.

And as a side note I've hung around on the contour.org site before... but they seem to whine about anything they can... and they like to make you feel like a moron if you post a question that is easily answer or have an opinion seperate from theirs... grrr

Where are you from in IL I use live in robinson IL when I went to college. Ceg can be like that sometimes.

SoundQ SVT

Established Member

Where in IL??

In the Peoria area there are several SVT Contours... I see about 4 or 5 others on a semi-regular basis, plus I know Mangold's in Eureka has sold a bunch of them over the years. They were the only SVT dealer in the area for quite a while.

JLG_SVT99

I live in Urbana-Champaign... I've lived here my whole life and now I go to school at the U of I here... I know where Robinson is, a friend of mine that goes to Parkland College is from there. I almost went to school in peoria at Bradley, but decided to stay at home. Hope that cleared up the confusion...

hellahydro

yeah the SVT Contours are all over the place around suburban Detroit, I usually see 3-4 a week and they are almost always stock. As far as the press goes, I was really impressed with what was said about the CSVT at the time although I fell in love with the car earlier at it's debut at the Auto Show just on looks and it's performance on paper.

I love the car to death but had I known what I do now, I would have purchased something that responds better to performance modifications. But this car was a great introduction for me into the performance world and is still one of the best bang for the buck performance sedans around imho.

CanadianSVT

Car & Driver article I read when researching the A4 compared the SVT (which I had only heard of because my uncle tried to find one back in 98 - good luck in northern Ontario) with a Saab 9-3, Jetta GLX, A4, 323i, and an Infiniti G20t. Of the 6 it placed 3rd, but only because it lacked the European refinement of the BMW and Audi (performance-wise it was on top)... they were comparing sedans afterall. That article did it for me. Test drove a black SVT the next week (had already driven an A4 2.8, and liked the SVT better), and bought it ASAP. More power for 10 grand less than the euro cars... no brainer. What do I car about "refinement" anyway?

Dunno if this link to the article will work... http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Cara...l?&Manufacturer=Saab&Name=9-3&class=22&page=5

After I pay off all my debt from grad school I can start putting some cash into improvements... I can't wait! First summer I owned it all I could do was wash and wax the car every week!

SteedaSVT

Established Member
Theres a Ton of CSVT's in KC as well.

As far as that article it a quote from it was my MSN name for a while. CSVT "If you wanna lose your lisences in a week, this is the car for the job."

When a car magazine says that about a car thats my type of car. Even more since its a total sleeper.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member

A green one? That's wierd- I believe that Ford only made red, silver, and black ones. Maybe it was painted? And I think that the most popular color for them is the red ones, not that that matters.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
99-00 they made like a TOTAL of approx 500 green ones ;-) very rare to see'em

Green SVT

Established Member
Or better yet.
csvt1.jpg

Only 207 built in 2000.

-R-

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Hmmm- see, you learn something new everyday. And it was worth saying that I've never heard of a green one, just to see the pic of your beauty, blown up. You know what, I've never heard of a red one, either, or a silver, or black- ;-) just kidding

PS I put that pic up as my wallpaper

Last edited:

Green SVT

Established Member
Thanks. She's been very good to me. I hope you find a very well taken care of one too. Oh, by the way. What part of Queens are you from. I'm from Crown Heights in Brooklyn.

-R-

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I didn't like the green when I first seen one, but everytime I see another one I like it more!

Still partial to red though... :shrug: :D

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yeah I'm the same way.

When I started looking I wanted Red......I'd also like a Black one too :)

Originally posted by SweetSVT99
I didn't like the green when I first seen one, but everytime I see another one I like it more!

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by Green SVT
Thanks. She's been very good to me. I hope you find a very well taken care of one too. Oh, by the way. What part of Queens are you from. I'm from Crown Heights in Brooklyn.

-R-
:beer:

Last edited:

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Originally posted by SweetSVT99

Yeah, I know why people don't really like the Green as much: The red can be devilishly fast, the silver is sleek, and the black is bad-ass. But green can be linked to grass and trees, and such, and don't give off too much of a hot-rodder appeal. Then, you take a second look, and say: Hey, it's an SVT Contour, I don't care what color it is- let's drive! Well, that's my take on it, anyway :thumbsup:

Maybe I'm just rambling. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread