Saw a very cool underhood mod on a Mustang today

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
While at the NE Mustang Nationals this afternoon I saw a Mustang with a really cool hood mod. The whole underside of the hood was a piece of mirrored plexiglass. Nice quality and well cut around the edges. It was weird looking at the hood and seeing the engine accessories. It was an older Mustang. I mention this because a couple of you seem to be going full out on dress up accessories and this might be a unique way to make them stand out (or jump out as the case may be) when you lift the hood.
:)

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I have seen that on a very clean 67 fastback it was either mirrors or polished aluminum. The pieces were cut to fit inside the hood braces looked very good.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It was a different car, of course, but, yes, it looked just like that. I love it. Very unique and a definite eye catcher.

bradz2125

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
but how would that hold up during everyday use and extremely high temperature engine bay conditions? Would it cause a heat soak problem as well?

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Originally posted by bradz2125
but how would that hold up during everyday use and extremely high temperature engine bay conditions? Would it cause a heat soak problem as well?

The one I saw was held on by velcro definately just for show but looked great.:rolling:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
While at the NE Mustang Nationals this afternoon I saw a Mustang with a really cool hood mod. The whole underside of the hood was a piece of mirrored plexiglass. Nice quality and well cut around the edges. It was weird looking at the hood and seeing the engine accessories. It was an older Mustang. I mention this because a couple of you seem to be going full out on dress up accessories and this might be a unique way to make them stand out (or jump out as the case may be) when you lift the hood.

CobraBob,
Been meaning to say, your website is an outstanding example of a personal site.
JW

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Re: Re: Saw a very cool underhood mod on a Mustang today

Originally posted by jhwalker
CobraBob,
Been meaning to say, your website is an outstanding example of a personal site.
JW
Thanks. I wish I had more time to work on the content. I collect NASCAR diecast and I once had a website called BobDiecastWorld.com. I had an inside contact at a major manufacturer and posted daily info/rumors, etc. The only one like it on the net. I used to get a lot of daily visits. But changing interests (i.e. Cobra) and time constraints forced me to shut it down.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by bradz2125
The one I saw was a '70 Mach 1 (I believe), and it looked like it was trailered in. So underhood temps wouldn't be an issue. Interesting question you raise, though. It would be cool to rig up a way to install the mirrored plexi over the stock hood pad for shows. All you need is a way to get it to the show.
:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread