Saturn V Launch w/ Enhanced Sound

rborden

Established Member
The most powerful piece of mobile machinery ever built and launched in the history of the world and mankind.

7.5 million pounds of thrust.
51 million horsepower.
2,230 GALLONS per second of fuel consumption.

Sit back and enjoy the brute force achievement of United States military and aeronautical might and turn the volume up.

Last edited:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
It's hard to grasp the enormity of the Saturn V until you are up close to it. We went to Huntsville this Spring and they have one outside and one inside suspended in it's stages. You can see it for miles as you're heading into Huntsville.

Attachments

• Huntsville 2021 (3).jpg
    Huntsville 2021 (3).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 59

rborden

Established Member
It's hard to grasp the enormity of the Saturn V until you are up close to it. We went to Huntsville this Spring and they have one outside and one inside suspended in it's stages. You can see it for miles as you're heading into Huntsville.

I can’t even fully grasp the power this thing generates.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Disgusting.

Should be electric!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
There are electric rockets. Take liquid Helium*, run it through a heater and you get a pretty good specific impulse. There were even studies for ground laser systems to heat liquid helium in a rocket nozzle, and they worked pretty good. And the rocket didn't have to carry the weight of the heating mechanism. Basically, you you fire the laser at the nozzle of the rocket as you pump liquid helium into the nozzle. It expands, and exits. What killed it though, at least for heavy lift, is the amount of energy lost in the beam due to the atmosphere.

There were a couple of bomb-propelled rocket designs, too. And plans for at least one nuclear-bomb powered rocket. Look up project Orion.

*Why liquid helium? Light weight, even in liquid form; combined with the largest expansion ratio we know of.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Yup...first time i saw one i was just in awe...i knew it was big but i had no idea!

quad

Established Member
I just checked this out with Google Street View. That must be impressive to see in person!

ROCKET.JPG

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I just checked this out with Google Street View. That must be impressive to see in person!

View attachment 1729220

Saw the one at Kennedy. Was a mind blower on enormity alone. Then you start looking at precise parts and it really sinks in.

Have a lot of cool pics but too big to host here and it's all online already anyway. Only really sinks in when you see it in person.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
What an absolute ****ing unit that thing was.

Meanwhile every EV owner saying how their ****** car is faster to 60 like anyone gives a shit.
Lol the hate and insecurity on EV cars with some of you guys is hilarious. This is a space machine and your comparing it against a EV car ? It’s ok to like multiple things.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was an amazing video, and the enhanced sound with the volume up is awesome. Thanks for posting that one.

ajaf1656

Established Member
I like the Saturn V as much as anyone, but that was a foley artist's work, not "enhanced sound".

quad

Established Member
Saw the one at Kennedy. Was a mind blower on enormity alone. Then you start looking at precise parts and it really sinks in.

Have a lot of cool pics but too big to host here and it's all online already anyway. Only really sinks in when you see it in person.
I bet. I loaded up the Huntsville location with the Windows 10 Maps app set to "3D Cities". You can fly over and rotate around the Saturn V. I am sure Google Earth has that also. Going to check that out now.

HUNTSVILLE.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread