Sandles Resorts Opinions

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
The wife and I also went to St. Lucia. Got an upgrade to the private hut with a private pool and jacuzzi. The staff was awesome. The food was great. The butlers were amazing. Overall, I'd go to any sandels again. You can't beat all inclusive.

St. Lucia is my 1st pick but not fitting in the budget. I can't figure out why a flight to St. Lucia from Atlanta is the same price as flying all the way to Hawaii. Most of the prices ive seen for april are about $800 per person. :nonono:

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
St. Lucia is my 1st pick but not fitting in the budget. I can't figure out why a flight to St. Lucia from Atlanta is the same price as flying all the way to Hawaii. Most of the prices ive seen for april are about $800 per person. :nonono:

FWIW, we did Sandals two years ago and did Hawaii this summer(I used to live there)... I gained 5-10lbs while in Jamaica and lost 5lbs while in Hawaii:banana: lol

ViciousJay

Established Member

I'm actually in the process of setting up my honeymoon to St Lucia, looking at staying at the Grande spot. For all inclusive, airfare (1st class) it all came to be 6600 which the room we are getting is a private suite with 3-4 rooms and a private pool with butler service.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member

have you looked at a map and seen where St. Lucia is? its quite far.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I'm actually in the process of setting up my honeymoon to St Lucia, looking at staying at the Grande spot. For all inclusive, airfare (1st class) it all came to be 6600 which the room we are getting is a private suite with 3-4 rooms and a private pool with butler service.

Close to mine. Ours with butler service at the Royal Caribbean with airfare was right at $6300.

Also the butler service is so much more than just a butler to bring stuff to your room. They set you up with booze at the beach, they will bring you a bottle of what ever kind of booze you like into your room. They set up a rose peddle bath/dinner thing in your room for you. #1 most important thing is they make all your apt./reservations for you! The restaurants at the Royal Caribbean, especially the restaurant on the private island fill up fast. With a butler we were able to make reservations an hour before dinner where ever we wanted and there was always a spot for us.

Filthy1

My cars are slow
Established Member
The wife and I went to Sandals in Antigua for our honeymoon in 2009. We loved it and will be going back. We stayed in the Mediterranean Village, which is where I would recommend you stay. Its about a 3.5 hr flight from Miami which isn't bad. Resort is about a 15-20 minute ride from the airport.

A good friend of mine from college worked for Sandals and had been to every resort and said Antigua was by far the nicest, so we went there.

Only time we left the resort was for snorkeling, which was seriously some Discovery Channel shit because the water was so clear. One of the coolest things I've ever done.

Edit: We were there 5 nights and ate at a different place on the resort every night. Food was amazing. Breakfast - How about some freshly squeezed pineapple or orange juice grown on the island?! Oranges and pineapples dont even come close to tasting that good here in the US.

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
have you looked at a map and seen where St. Lucia is? its quite far.

huh? St. Lucia is only about 4.5hrs flight time from ATL. Hawaii is on the other side of the planet, well over 12hrs. I can't fathom why they would be roughly the same price.

ViciousJay

Established Member
huh? St. Lucia is only about 4.5hrs flight time from ATL. Hawaii is on the other side of the planet, well over 12hrs. I can't fathom why they would be roughly the same price.

hahaha 4.5 hours hmmmm not so sure about that

slidai

Established Member

My wife used her airline miles to get a free ticket so that was nice. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive from the airport to the resort we went too (there are three on the island) which sucks. But otherwise, I was very impressed with the company and the resort. They did a lot of free things for us which was nice but we also had the private hut as I said. I don't know how much having that hut had anything to do with it. I plan to go to another sandels just as soon as I can.

PDubs

Established Member
The wife and I went to Sandals in Antigua for our honeymoon in 2009....

Were you there in May? Because that's when we were hanging out there for the same occasion. :)

After seeing St Lucia fully booked, the wife and I picked Sandals Antigua. We spent 12 days there and we did the butler-level rooms. First half of the stay was in the Rondovals with the private plunge pool. Second half of the stay was on the other side of the resort in the Junior Suite area. I think it was like 700+ sq ft. of room.

Do it right and go for the butler-level service. They are so nice to you and help out when things go awry. Here's how they made our stay just that much more enjoyable:

- Upon arriving, the butlers greet you right off the shuttle, grab your bags, and take you to your room where champagne is waiting on ice. You basically check in at your room.
- If the room does not have the alcohol you prefer, they will bring you a bottle free of charge. We didn't ask for anything crazy, so no promises on an upcharge. I got a bottle of Jack (750mL) and wife got a couple bottles of wine.
- They put you in the best seats of the restaurants and reserve a spot at each of the restaurants for you ahead of your arrival. Not sure why, but some other couples had issues trying to get into some of the onsite restaurants during their stay.
- At your request, they reserve the beach "cabanas" for you complete with whatever you want: Towels, lotions, sandwiches, fruit, drinks, etc. all in a cooler on ice.
- Did I mention the cell phone? They give you a freakin cell phone to call the butlers at any time for help with anything!! One time we asked one of our butlers to grab us some snacks if they had a chance to hit the local grocery store. They came back with bags of stuff, such nice people!

So on and so forth. We decided to do this level since it was our honeymoon and we did not want to spare any expense knowing you don't do this often. If you do go there, say hi to Darryl for us. He's an older gentleman on the beach making bookmarks out of fishwire and beads. And enjoy the water. That is the clearest water I have ever seen on either side of the caribbean.

Users who are viewing this thread