Sandles Resorts Opinions

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Hello,

My fiance and I will be getting married in June, and have been looking at Sandles Resorts for our HoneyMoon..

Just from online reviews, we're interested in their Whitehouse Destination at this point.

Does anyone have any experience or info they'd like to share?

Thanks!

Back N Black

Killin' It
Established Member
I haven't stayed with them but my sister and brother-in-law swear by them. They've stayed at their resorts a few times. These are people that can afford to stay just about anywhere and they choose Sandals. That says something to me.

CONGRATS ON GETTING MARRIED!

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I haven't stayed with them but my sister and brother-in-law swear by them. They've stayed at their resorts a few times. These are people that can afford to stay just about anywhere and they choose Sandals. That says something to me.

Thanks!

Wifey and I went to Sandals Jamaica this summer, had a great time!

Which resort did you stay at?

jbs$

Established Member
Good resort, well run, excellent service. If you go to Jamaica, stay on the resort property as it is not a safe place to go exploring in.

Muzner

Established Member
My girlfriend and I went for a week at Sandals Whitehouse. The ride there and back to the airport sucks. The food, drinks, and resort were amazing. Definitely go to YS falls if you can. The Appleton Rum factory was not worth the time or money. The Pelican Bar trip through the resort was awesome.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member

Same here, my brother and sister-in-law stayed at Sandals Antigua and they didn't have a single complaint. They absolutely loved it.

And yes, congrats!

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
The wife and I went to Whitehouse for our honeymoon this past January. The bus ride from the airport to the resort wasn't nearly as bad as the online reviews suggest, but it is a little long - about an hour and a half or so. The couple we were with complained the entire way, apparently they thought of themselves as royalty by they way they acted, though. Maybe it just depends on who you are, we certianly didn't mind it. The resort was great. Food was awesome, beach was awesome, many bars and restaurants to choose from. If you like to drink, you will definitely enjoy yourself... the Jamaicans definitely have no problems in that department. :D

EDIT - One thing I will say, my wife and I are pretty young (Early 20's). The crowd at Whitehouse seemed a bit older. We aren't much into partying/clubbing, so it didn't bother us, but if that's what you're looking for then you probably won't find it there. It was a nice getaway for us to just be by ourselves which is what we were looking for in a honeymoon, but that may not be what you want. If we were to go again with friends, we'd probably choose one of the other resorts.

Last edited:

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Had no idea Sandals was this nice - I've seen the commercials but figured it was for oldsters or something like that.

Wife and I are considering Hedo II, mainly for the "clothing optional" aspect - none of that swapping shit.
These places seem to cost about the same so if anyone has been to both I'd appreciate your insights.

Sorry about the mini-hijack.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
My wife and I had our honeymoon at sandals in St. Lucia. It was awesome and we're going back to another sandals this year for a vacation. Best part are the swim up bars and they don't accept tips.

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
Stayed at Sandals Negril for our honeymoon and loved it. If you can swing it, the butler packages are pretty sweet. The wife and I have zero complaints with Sandals, great food, great drinks, and great rooms.

Fuerza

Established Member
Thanks!

Which resort did you stay at?

Montego Bay, beware that it is directly next to the Air Port so you'll hear jets taking off and landing a lot. There are other Jamaica resorts that I would consider. Half Moon, Ritz Carlton, Hilton ect. One thing about Sandels is its child free.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
My first wife and I got married at Sandal's Negril, Jamaica in 04. It was very nice, but they are a little more expensive. I've been to a lot of resorts over the years and I've been to nicer, and worse than Sandals. Best thing to do is go to Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor and you can talk to people who were just at the resort you are looking to visit.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
My wife and I stayed at Sandals Royal Caribbean in jamaca... it was a fun time. I am not one for a hanging out type vacation, I like to hike, surf...etc. But for what it was it was awesome.
I definitely recommend getting a butler it is well worth it, however you need to upgrade rooms to get a butler. Royal Caribbean was nice because it was withing 15 mins of 2 other Sandals resorts that you are allowed to go to whenever you want, they have non stop shuttles. Royal Caribbean was a good mix of people with alot of Honey Mooners... Montego Bay was also very cool and a bit more party orientated... alot of people there were just young couples on vacation.

Oh, the staff is INSANELY talented! By day they are your servers and by night they are the entertainment, they can all sing, dance, act... its amazing!

Last edited:

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
Me and the wife stayed at Sandals Montego Bay for a week in 2011. Had a blast, got one of the highest rooms with a butler, private Mecerdes Benz ride to the resort (only 5-10 mins away from airport), with a great view. The planes flying over didnt bother us at all, others might complain. We partied the whole time, took a catamaran cruise, did all the water activities etc. I would return:beer:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Good resort, well run, excellent service. If you go to Jamaica, stay on the resort property as it is not a safe place to go exploring in.

Montego Bay, beware that it is directly next to the Air Port so you'll hear jets taking off and landing a lot. There are other Jamaica resorts that I would consider. Half Moon, Ritz Carlton, Hilton ect. One thing about Sandels is its child free.

All-inclusive like this is the only way to go. I love the swim up bars, and the fact that all your drinks & food are already paid for.

I also agree that Jamaica is in general a shit hole and is not a place to go exploring. And since on this subject, I will also add that Ocho Rios is a very rough part of Jamaica. We stayed here at the Sunset Grande Jamaica. The resort itself was great, and view was great. We cannot speak well enough for the Sunset Grande Jamaica. But outside those gates, Ocho Rios was a shithole. We chose to stay there because we wanted to be close to Dunns River Falls for her. If Jamaica is in your plans, I would stay in Montego Bay or Negril.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
good info in this thread. Im getting married in april and we are going to jamiaca as well. Having a tough time deciding between sandals grande riveria and whitehouse european village.

slidai

Established Member
My wife and I had our honeymoon at sandals in St. Lucia. It was awesome and we're going back to another sandals this year for a vacation. Best part are the swim up bars and they don't accept tips.

The wife and I also went to St. Lucia. Got an upgrade to the private hut with a private pool and jacuzzi. The staff was awesome. The food was great. The butlers were amazing. Overall, I'd go to any sandels again. You can't beat all inclusive.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Wifey and I stayed at Sandals Negril. We took a trip to YS falls and passed by the entrance for Whitehouse, it looked cool. One thing not mentioned in the above posts is you can travel between all the Sandals and enjoy the different bars/resturants each one has to offer. This would only make sense in Montego Bay since the travel times elsewhere are so long.

I suggest taking a guided tour and get off the resort to see the "real" Jamaica. Maybe even check out Jamaica's number 1 export.

Users who are viewing this thread