San Diego trip. Suggestions??

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
I'm planning on taking my family to Sea World and check out the beach(es). I already looked into several hotels on the beach but have not decided on any of them. Right now I am leaning more towards Ocean Park Inn. Any suggestions as to the best hotel on the beach is? Any other good family attractions/restaurants to go to? We are flying in 6/15 and leaving 6/19.

Thanks in Advance!:beer:

relentless

Established Member
Old Town can be fun, Balboa Park is pretty cool for a family. Lots of museums of all sorts. The zoo and the Wild Animal Park. Belmont Park (roller coaster) in Pacific Beach. I am sure if really thought about it I could come up with more.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Be sure to bring a hoodie, city wide dress code is hoodie and shorts, i shit you not lol....warm but windy ocean breeze.

oh be sure to hit Sammi's Pizza right next to the down town mall, i forget the name of the mall it's in gaslamp. best pizza ever and the messy choc sundae is to die for. big ass wine glass filled w chocolate, peanuts, simply amazing, you will not regret it.

I lived in Imperial Beach and it's so relaxing, i missed it alot, luckily i got to go back earlier this year, so calm watching the sunset on the horizon, you'll love it.

San Diego zoo is always a good spot for the family, oh Coronado links up to the silver strand which hits Imperial Beach so you can hit all 3 at once! You'll be able to see the SPECWAR guys training when you drive by, they run on that path to the BUD/s training compound.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Only a few hours from Disney!

Two hours from San Diego. Although a buddy and I drove from San Diego to Long Beach years ago in ONE HOUR flat. :eek:

If you had the time, a drive up to Long Beach/Anaheim/Manhattan Beach is well worth it. A lot to see in and around Long Beach, including Disney. Also, Aquarium of the Pacific, Queen Mary, Knotts Berry Farm, and more.

If you stay in the San Diego area, you'll find plenty to see and do. I hope your family has a great time.

My wife and I are trying to get to either Long Beach or San Diego sometime this summer.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
San Diego is one of the nicest places in the US to vacation to. I lived there for about 7 months. The weather is perfect and you can almost guarantee there wont be any rain.

Mission Beach is a great beach to go stay around for vacations. Tons to do, and it was my favorite beach. I lived in Pacific beach when I was there.

They have this awesome tour that takes you around the whole city and all the tourist attractions. The Zoo is absolutely amazing too... And Sea World. Theres just soo much to do there. They have the Padres playing too.

Make sure to check out old town. Check out some of the Mexican food places there also. I honestly cant eat anything locally anymore after being spoiled down there with it.

Theres just soo much to do and see and you can always find something new to be entertained with there. I'd suggest staying around Mission Beach though. And if you want to see some exotic cars, check out symbolic in La Jolla. Absolutely amazing car dealership and your jaw will drop. They had 2 Veyrons, tons of lambos, ferraris, and other exotics too. Have fun, and solid vacation choice. :beer:

Some pictures I took while I was there:
http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss268/mikesperformanceautodetailing/san diego/?start=all

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
I'm from SoCal, did two tours there...so much to do. For a family, I prefer Coronado or La Jolla area but that can be expensive. Tons to do of course...if you like military or Navy, go see the USS Midway and see my old VRC-30 helmet in the E2/C2 ready room (ego boost here ;-))

4451_1143763560020_1405417409_37176.jpg

There is old town and the Whaley House, one of two haunted houses officially recognized by the government. Balboa park with all the museums is beautiful and go see La Jolla, gorgeous. The military cemetery atop Pt Lomo is also a sight to see.

MyNamesAriva

Established Member
Pretty much what everyone else is saying: Zoo, Old Town, Lego Land, Sea World, The beach, lots to do....very fun city. like they mentioned earlier, Disney is only a couple of hours away.

Raven519

Established Member
Love San Diego, went last year and i'm going again this year during Comic-Con. IF you like Burgers, check out Hodads on Broadway and 10th ave, they honestly made one of the best burgers i've ever had in my life.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Old Town can be fun, Balboa Park is pretty cool for a family. Lots of museums of all sorts. The zoo and the Wild Animal Park. Belmont Park (roller coaster) in Pacific Beach. I am sure if really thought about it I could come up with more.

I used to stay at the Comfort Suites there. The Tequilarilla is right around the corner!

Users who are viewing this thread