samsung G3 or Iphone 5?

musclefan21

Established Member
gs3 >i5

overall a better phone. faster, bigger screen, able to customize the way you like.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
GS3 - android is open and much more customizable.
if you don't really care about that and like the iphone platform(every accessory imaginable available, and a lot prefer the operating system), or just want an 'iphone', then i'd pick up a used 4S over a 5. not a huge difference between them, save a LOT of cash!

SVTPete83

Established Member
Went from a 4s to a note 2 and there is no comoarison. The android has so many more options. I will never go back!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
GS3 is the best Android phone on the market at the moment I think (most practical). It's a damn good phone and the O/S is very fluid and customization out of the box. Samsung has really taken a large chunk of the market from Apple on this phone. However, I'd possibly wait because the SG4 is around the corner.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I have an SG3, get the iP5.

Big screen is great and the android O/S is nice.

However, IMO, the iPhone has better functionality. Every small detail simply flows smoother on the iPhone, you need to use both for sometime and it becomes clear as day.

Android phones rely on Java runtime, the more apps you run the worse everything gets, (especially battery life). I have a 3rd party battery app and I'm shutting down tasks just to retain 1/3 the battey life of an iPhone with everything running in the background.

The sad part is, the GS3 has a MASSIVE battery, the o/s and applications are just THAT inefficient compared to Apple's smooth running objective-c. Androids have been throwing insane processors, ram, batteries yet they've neglected the core foundation.

Dream phone? GS3 with iOS 6. :D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have an SG3, get the iP5.

Big screen is great and the android O/S is nice.

However, IMO, the iPhone has better functionality. Every small detail simply flows smoother on the iPhone, you need to use both for sometime and it becomes clear as day.

Android phones rely on Java runtime, the more apps you run the worse everything gets, (especially battery life). I have a 3rd party battery app and I'm shutting down tasks just to retain 1/3 the battey life of an iPhone with everything running in the background.

The sad part is, the GS3 has a MASSIVE battery, the o/s and applications are just THAT inefficient compared to Apple's smooth running objective-c. Androids have been throwing insane processors, ram, batteries yet they've neglected the core foundation.

Dream phone? GS3 with iOS 6. :D

In part, these reasons are why I sent back to the iPhone after having an Android phone for a couple of years. IMO, though, both the iPhone 5 and GS3 are excellent phones. I love my iPhone 5 because it is just so easy and intuitive to use. My own personal preference. And I like that I can operate the phone with one hand if I need to because of the iPhone 5's unchanged width (with increased height). If I absolutely had to have a larger screen, and wanted a lot more functions, I'd go with the GS3. My best advice for the OP is to try both phones at his phone store, and see which one he prefers at that point.

hockeylover86

Established Member
Go with IP5

I had a IP 3GS for 3 years with no issues, not even one lock up. As my contract came up, I decided to try a GS3 due to the screen size and memory capability for the cost.

That was back in October. Two weeks ago I dropped the GS3 on the (carpeted) floor at work. All appeared normal as I picked it up and used it. Two hours later a purple-ish area started to work its way across the phone. 8 hours later the screen was completely black and unuseable. Looking at the phone you could not even tell it had been dropped.

Bottom line for me is, the GS3 is too fragile. Over 3 years I had treated my IP3GS much worse than that one drop. If you get the GS3, get the best thick case you can find. Although this makes the phone the size of a brick...

It doesn't matter how many "features" your phone has if the damn thing doesn't work. I am back to my old 3GS with a new SIM, and happy to be using a good solid phone again..

Jroc

Established Member
Just get a Windows 8 phone such as a Nokia Lumia 920.

five0three

big deal
Established Member
cut your leash!

I just bought one of these brand new on ebay

Casio-C741-Brigade-Verizon.jpg

I currently have the GS3 and i love it. It does require more interaction for it to run properly than the equivalent iphone.

That being said, do you really need al of that with you all the time? My wife and I came to an epiphany last week. We realized that the only reason we felt we needed a smartphone was because we had them. Im going back to a standard phone. I made it fine before the advent of smartphones, and ill make it fine again. Not to mention we reduced our bill almost $100 a month...

kustom_efekt

Established Member
I just picked up the i5 after having a flawless 3GS for the last three years and have zero complaints.

A coworker bought a gs3 and took it back after two days for wifi connect-ability and signal issues, and also stated the screen was just to big for easy carry.

While I can't comment about the wifi or signal issue, I do agree about screen size being a little bit too big IMO.

Honestly, I'd go to whichever carriers store you have and check out both and get the phone you like best. With AT&T you have a 14 day no questions asked return policy, so if you don't like one, take it back and get the other.

AAG

Established Member
Everything about the GS3 is better except the iphone is built much better.

Ive had my iphone 4 for 2 years and I really dont think my gs3 is going to hold up with its cheap plastic frame.

musclefan21

Established Member
just because we are saying get the GS3 doesnt mean I5 is bad or you will have issues with it. You wont have any issues with either phone.

But, if you are asking which phone is a better phone "Overall" it is the GS3.

Richie, GNOTE2 > GS3 all day long... Size part is completely a personal thing. when two phones are compares, GNOTE2 packs bigger balls ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread