Sam Adams "Noble Pils" Anyone?

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
I think I just had a beer that will change my life. Sam Adams Noble Pils.

6pk.gif

Has anyone else tried this brew? I'm not a huge Sam Adams fan, but this stuff is fantastic. Its clean, crisp, and has a great aftertaste. Makes me want to bring a 12 pack to work with me. :beer: That's probably not a good sign...

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I love to try new beer so I'll give it a try. I haven't noticed it at the store yet.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I bought it as soon as it came out. It's pretty good, but for a light beer like that I prefer the Sam Adams Pale Ale. I'm just waiting for the hot days of Summer and some cold Sam Adams Summer Ale.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Noble Pilsner is what they are running for the springtime Seasonal draft this year. They got rid of the White Ale and ran that. If you like the Noble, youre in luck..every restaurant and pub that runs seasonal draft will have the Noble pilsner anytime now.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Amen, Sid. That is good stuff as well. I love the Sam Adams commercials where the office staff get treated to a "beer sampling" while on the job. Must be tough working there...but I'm up for that job.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
What's it taste like? Can you compare it to something else you've had? Ive been sort of afraid to try it, as most SA beers have an "aftertaste".. i hate beers with an aftertaste. I'm a real fan of Coors Light and Bud Select, if that gives you any insight.

The Manalishi

Established Member
I'm going to try it but I have yet to taste an American made Pilsner that tasted good. I got spoiled in Germany. Spent 9 years over there and they know how to brew a Pilsner.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I for the most part have never liked beer, any beer.,., but tried Yuengling and actually like it :thumbsup:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
What's it taste like? Can you compare it to something else you've had? Ive been sort of afraid to try it, as most SA beers have an "aftertaste".. i hate beers with an aftertaste. I'm a real fan of Coors Light and Bud Select, if that gives you any insight.

It reminded me of "Hop Hound" or "Hairy Eyeball" as far as the taste. Its very hoppy and slightly bitter...but light & crisp. If you like Coors Light or Bud Select you may be a little shocked by the bitterness. It really tasted good on draft last weekend and I bought a case and still enjoy it out of the bottle.

Mayo5

Established Member
It's not bad.

If you are a fan of Pilsner's, their Hallertau Imperial Pilsner is one of the best ones I've ever had.

Users who are viewing this thread