Saleen Performance Chart

Dominick32

BANNED
haha.
Where is the cobra?
They would never put a $36,000 FORD SVT COBRA with almost equal performance next to a 62,000 saleen.

BTW Our Cobra numbers stock averaged in magazines either 12.9 or 13.0 in the quarter and 4.8 to 4.9 in the 0 to 60mph road tests.

Dom
www.svtsnake.com

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by Abe Abromowitz
Saleen has an interesting chart on their web site. It shows performance and price. It makes a strong case that dollar for dollar - Saleen is a better deal.

But what about our Cobra's? Do any of you have our numbers of a stock Cobra to plug into this chart?

http://www.saleen.com/s281_e_performance.htm

Saleens are WAY overpriced for the performance.

Although, they are damn pretty.

:D

03 Cobras kick the crap outta all but the S281E. And that's 60-80k.

:eek:

nj7703

Established Member
The beauty is for less than 2k in mods on a stock Cobra you can stomp just about any car in that list, including the Saleen.

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
And that's what you get when you get to pick and choose your own competition. They left off a host of cars that are simular or better performance for the same or less money. 03/04 Cobra, Z06 & C6 Vette, and completely left off all other tuner cars :rollseyes:

Imagine if they spent more money on making a better car instead of deceptive advertizing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's a simple evaluation of the two.
Saleen - looks racy on the outside; gets a lot of looks; a chick magnet; good or great performance depending on what you order; very expensive; probably looks faster than it really is.
Terminator - looks like a Mustang on the outside; gets a bit more looks than a GT; great or exception performance depending on how you mod it; can be a chick magnet; relatively inexpensive to mod; is a hell of lot faster than it looks.

I know which one I would prefer! Cobra baby! :)

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by 03SoCalCobra
And that's what you get when you get to pick and choose your own competition. They left off a host of cars that are simular or better performance for the same or less money. 03/04 Cobra, Z06 & C6 Vette, and completely left off all other tuner cars :rollseyes:

The funny part is they did put the Z06 on there. However, the numbers are wrong, and in fact a stock Z06 is faster than a stock Ferrari 360 too.

That chart is a joke.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Are you sure about that? The page I was looking at was totally different:

Click Here for S-281/Cobra Comparison Chart

:D
:beer:

you guys should check out the N20 focus too. They say it has a faster slalom than a evo and a wrx.

and the Saleen S7 does a 1/4 mile in 10.8@131 vs a enzo 11.1@133

Man, they are fu*king liars.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by 03WhiteCobra
W/ 25K in mods, a 03/04 Cobra should be in the 9s easily.

True, but let's not forget about braking and suspension upgrades. :thumbsup:

stangfreak

Established Member
buahahaha, the saleen is a joke compared to the cobra. even though there ligther, the cobra just has brute force

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
Abe is one of those that says, "ahh I just bought the car because of its popularity I'm not gonna mod it or nothing, I'm happy with its performance now" do we need to start a pole on who belives he is actually not going to pulley the car. He's already talking about saleen performance after 90 something posts. Face it this site is a disease and you just got bit with it, open your pocket books and enjoy the ride!!!!!!!:)

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
No doubt that the 03/04 Cobra is the car to get for the overwhelming masses if we had to pick between the two. But they have the Z06 at 12.8 sec in the 1/4...which is not really accurate. Would you buy a Saleen for $61K or a Z06 for $51K????? Not even a close decision for me.........

Users who are viewing this thread