SALEEN needs your munnie

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
It's definitely sad to see this happen to them, the S7 was an amazing car, but it was stupid expensive for it's time and from what I've read it didn't sell good. Almost what happened with Shelby building the 1999 Series 1. If it wasn't for them building the Super snakes again in 07 I don't know if they would be doing good.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
It's definitely sad to see this happen to them, the S7 was an amazing car, but it was stupid expensive for it's time and from what I've read it didn't sell good. Almost what happened with Shelby building the 1999 Series 1. If it wasn't for them building the Super snakes again in 07 I don't know if they would be doing good.

There's a whole controversy behind the S7 as well.

"But after several months of research I can say that depending on who you ask, Saleen didn’t come up with the car at all."

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
He was here today signing autographs. At the Vintage races in Kent,WA. Not to many people really seemed interested in the display.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Really surprised he doesn't charge for autographs...Here he is signing the headlight bucket of my 86' at Carlisle Ford Nationals earlier this month. Saleen 40th anniversary and SCOA was third largest club in attendance.
IMG_0978.jpeg

kaz109

Established Member
Goes from a big displacement V8 of early 2000 to a Turbo 4cyl ……. Well at least it’s sub 2800lbs I guess. Being optimistic but at that weight and 450hp with a base price of 100k it doesn’t sound like too bad of a deal

Users who are viewing this thread