Said goodbye to Little Pony and my general thoughts of the 2013 Mustang GT.

old_goat

Established Member
Little pony has now been put out to pasture. She was a sweet girl and hopefully there will be some new owner that will treat her with some love, and let her gallop on occasion.

I originally bought a 2013 manual GT, and kept her for a few months, however the wife has diabetic related problems that make her legs weak. Since I didn't buy this car just for me, I traded in the 2013 GT manual colored dib for a dib 2013 auto GT.

Here are some of my opinions on the 2013 GT.

First all, I read and read and read stuff about how the MT-82 sucked. During the time I had the stock shifter, I never had any problem with either the shifter or transmission. I did get a MGW shifter after the fact, but I really didn't notice any difference. One thing about the manual (3.73 from the factory) is noise at highway speeds. More or less like a whining, and I really didn't like that. My bone stock personal best was around 12.85.

After getting rid of the manual, my wife drove home the auto and had a big ole grin. Apparently the idea of trying to drive the manual was weighing heavily on her. We did lose around $5,000 trading in a brand new car for another car, but it is what it is.

I do think that the 2013 and 2014 are the best looking Mustangs since the 2010 came out and includes the 2015. I just like the overall aggressive look of the front end of the car. I'm kind of OCD about keeping the car clean and garage kept and we always had people make nice remarks about the car. Of course, this is just IMHO.

I like the light weight of the car and it handled pretty well. My personal best bone stock in the auto was 12.70 and I thought that was as good as it gets for the Mustang and Camaro SS. With some bolt ons and a tune my best was 11.87 done on a night of great DA.

One thing for sure, the 2013 Mustang GT was without any doubt the very best bang for the buck when considering low 13 and mid to high 12 second cars. Nothing could win this battle and it wasn't even close. In the 40 years I've been buying cars, and I've owned a few performance cars, none could come close to the value of the car versus the price of the car. Now, both Mustang GTs were bought at a big discount off MSRP, but that didn't matter. The only thing I cared about is what the cost was out the door.

Right now I want to trade the car and get while the getting was good. I absolutely fell deeply in love with the 2015 auto C7 Corvette Coupe with the Z51 package. Luckily I work for a company that has relations with GM and I was able to get this car at supplier pricing. This was right at $7,000 off of MSRP. By now there are several small discounts on the Corvette coupe, however most of the new C7 Z06s are going at MSRP or MSRP plus.

Out with the old, in with the new.

P1020051small.jpg

DSCN0090_zpse53fa642.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Congratulations!
Welcome to LIGHTNESS, efficient compact high output power, exceptional balance and state of the art American engineering through out!

That is one HELL of a car!!!

Been a Ford guy my whole life, but that does not mean I can't truly appreciate AWESOMENESS in another brand!

DONE RIGHT!:rockon::bowdown:

KILRSVT

Established Member
Nice!!! I'm not to crazy about the c7 it looks like a concept car that didn't get refined , but none the less a cool car and a superior car than the mustang . Congrats!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sounds like you made up for the $5,000.00 trade in loss on the Stang with supplier pricing on the new Vette.

vortecd

Established Member
Sounds like you needed something new and as long as you are happy, that is all that matters. I love my Mustang and wouldn't trade it for any vette

Rct851

Established Member
Awesome vette. I find myself finding excuses to circle around the parking lot twice if I see a clean one sonewhere.

cjd223

Established Member
I thought long and hard about several cars before I bought my '12 GT. In the mix was a CTS-V, Z06 Camaro, BMW M5 and the soon to be released Charger Hellcat. I was ready to pull the trigger on a 7.0 '06 Z06 Corvette until I drove one. Way too much road noise. The funky long rod shifter was a real turn off. Looks like I will be ordering the supercharger in January for my GT. My wife will most likely take over the GT as I move to another project. I really like those C3 Corvettes. Nothing shifts like a Muncie with a Hurst shifter. This drops right in. http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/big-block-zz-502-deluxe.html
OTOH I know where a really nice '89 Mustang GT is stored. Wish I had kept mine. This would work nicely in the '89 http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=23194
I am fortunate that I have a couple of friends that own dealerships. I am able to buy Chevy and Ford stuff at their cost.
We shall see what the coming year brings. Heck I my just keep the '12. 600 RWHP should run OK.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Good trade up. The C7 looks way better than the s550, there is no contest between the two

Users who are viewing this thread