SAI + EGR Delete

whyxitx

Established Member
I've already removed the SAI and EGR components from the cobra. I just have a few question left to ask about them. What lines do i have to cap off for the SAI delete? I have searched and cannot find a solid answer for this. Also, what size are the caps for the EGR and SAI on the exhaust manifolds? I know most of you cut off the tube and put a penny + copper RTV to seal them up but that's not an option since i sold off my EGR tube.

And so i don't have to make another thread, when doing the COP swap, i used mark VIII valve covers. What would be the best option for the PCV + passenger side vent? I've seen pros and cons to oil filter fitting systems.

Car is almost ready to be put back on the road. Just getting the little things figured out right now! ;)

wr450

Established Member
i need help with vacum lines also i removed the smog pump off my kids 95 and bought a shorter belt and rerouted didnt do the dummy pulley any way i put a quarter sized vacum plug over the valve and steel line that runs into the back of passenger side head that pump line went to. next the small colored lines that are in the harness with the egr stuff one is red i believe that went to intake behind throttle body then a green one to the egr i might have that backwards been a few days if u follow those out to the pass fender theres a white and peach lines that come out of the harness those two plug into the hoses and valves coming off the smog pump i plugged them. i need to know if plugging those two and the valve that went to back of pass side head was right. next i want to get rid of the egr im assuming i need a block off plate at the throttle body and a plug for the header and will i need to tune the car for the egr delete. so in the end what are the red green peach and white small vacum lines for and where do they go cause they will all be plugged in the end and a cap on the intake where the red one went

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Ok I did this on my 97 take all the lines hose and vac hoses off sensors etc plug the egr port I have a kenne bell so used a pipe plug as far as the Sai egr ports on the exhaust I have long tubes and just removed the fittings out of the headers and welded them up and re installed them it was free....you have to turn egr and Sai off in tune

Users who are viewing this thread