Safety question on 03 terminator

svt4cobra6

I just purchased 4 FR500 black rims 17x9 and 17x10.5 used for a good price. All of the rims have nitto drag radials, even the front. The wheels and tires fit good (no IRS bolt inteference) but I am wondering if it is safe to run drag radials on the front?
It is pretty dry out here, Las Vegas, most of the time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you drag race your car you might want to just use two of the DRs for now and save the other two. Then put regular tires on the front wheels. Just a thought.

svt4cobra6

yep not sure why the guy had bought all 4 drs, Ithink they are not the road race tire but the drag tires. Probably a good idea to get to regular tires for the front and save the two drs.

jdblown03

Established Member
I doubt all 4 drs are the same size if he had 10.5 in the rear. You should be able to find someone that would want to buy the fronts

Helomech74

Established Member
Don't see why it would be a problem. They have a 100 treadwear and a A A traction temp rating. So they are no different then any other low tread wear street tire. Actually Nitto DR's make excellent autocross tires. Maybe that's what they were used for. Only difference between the R's and RII's is the speed rating, and a slightly stiffer side wall.

svt4cobra6

yep the guy I bought them from mentioned he did some autocross stuff so maybe that is what he intended to use them for, although the tires do not seem that worn. They do feel like road course tires, probably will work fine in dry weather but may wear fast.

Users who are viewing this thread