Safety Loop Clearance

wolfman311

Established Member
I just finished installing a Ford Racing one piece driveshaft on my 2012 GT. I went to bolt the safety loop up on the trans side of the DS and i noticed that there was hardly any clearance between the DS boot and the safety loop. I am lowered 1.5 inches and i run the MGW race spec shifter so i have the BMR loop that is suppose to accommodate that shifter. For now i have left the loop off the car and was wondering if anyone else is running this setup without any clearance issues? Thanks for your time.

BMR Tech 2

Hey there!

My names Parker and I'm the new S197 Tech working along side Kelly.

On my 2013 GT I run a Shaftmasters One piece as well as an MGW Race-spec and our DSL017 Safety loop.

It sounds like a stupid question but have you ensured that the Loop mount is facing the proper direction? Also, when did you purchase the loop? Had it been installed prior to installing the MGW? I only ask due to a design change a while back that updated the loop to work with the new Race-Spec (I personally had this issue).

Feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions.

Edit. I JUST reread your post and I know exactly what you're describing, in the Package for the DS Loop there should have been a number of washers that you can use to shim up the loop to provide clearance for the Loop, I myself have to use 2 washers on each bolt due to shaftmasters placing the weights at the front of the shaft and them scraping on the DS Loop if not shimmed up properly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread