Safest RWHP for daily driving

Moreboost88

Established Member
Whats the safest RWHP for our cars if you are daily driving it and don't want to have any engine problems? I heard it was around 650-680, also I have the stock blower with a 2.6 pulley, I want to get a twin screw (at low boost) with supporting mods, but was curious if it might cause more stress on the engine as opposed to my pullied eaton?

Thanks

Last edited:

snakecharmer

Established Member
I know people for whom 100HP is too much. The number is not important, it's the maturity and common sense of the person who's foot is connected to the gas pedal.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I don't think he's asking about the responsibility of power. He wants to know about the structural integrity of the engine.

I've heard around 650 should last a good while, just don't over rev it.

Zeekmann

Established Member
its all in your tune, if you twinscrew you can safely run 17# of boost and daily drive. It's all how hard you drive your car.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
before production in 07 i heard one of fords test motors let go at about 660rwhp....they do test them long and hard though!

and were running it at 6800 rpm's......^^^^^

as long as you have a good tune. shift at 6300, don't drive like James Bond
700+ all day long- IMO.

My good friend has an 07 with 28,000 miles putting down 800 with no issues at all.

Moreboost88

Established Member
I don't think he's asking about the responsibility of power. He wants to know about the structural integrity of the engine.

I've heard around 650 should last a good while, just don't over rev it.

Yup thanks for the info.

before production in 07 i heard one of fords test motors let go at about 660rwhp....they do test them long and hard though!

Thats what I heard from a friend who works at Ford, he asked someone who worked on the 07-09 Gt 500s and he said 650 rwhp all day long and you can drive it like you stole it for hours

as long as its tuned properly, I would be more concerned about max boost with the right octane, not a certain power level :shrug:

Thanks I am gonna get a good tune on a dyno, and only run about 15lbs of boost through a whipple. I never put anything less than 93 grade in my car

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
and were running it at 6800 rpm's......^^^^^

as long as you have a good tune. shift at 6300, don't drive like James Bond
700+ all day long- IMO.

My good friend has an 07 with 28,000 miles putting down 800 with no issues at all.

Damnit, I just let James borrow my car too!

BigDan

Established Member
17-18lbs of boost for pump gas

Ok at that psi which blower is best. 2.9L or 3.4L Whipple. I thought the 3.4L made more whp at boost above 15psi but heard it was sluggish compared to the 2.9L at boost under 19psi?

I'd like to be able to drive every day at 17-18psi and be making more whp then anyone else. I do realize it take a little bit longer to achive max boost on a larger SC but can it really be a deal breaker in a 650whp car? If I had a larger SC I would swap pulley's for dyno days and going to the drags but not for every day as higher boost (20-21 like KB guys) I feel isnt good on the engine long term.

Can you fit a 3.4L under a stock 2010 hood w/ the K-member or does it need more? Also will a 3.4L fit under a 2010 KR style hood but keep the stock K-member?

Users who are viewing this thread