Safe parking in Vegas?

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Since I'll be driving the car up there for the bash I'm not thrilled about having to park in the hotel garage where theives and people flinging doors open with no regard abound. Are there any good lots you guys recommend?

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
The Elara. They have a parking garage but the thought of parent's gremlins running around, drunk people, old people, and theives around my unblemished car makes my skin crawl. I actually plan what I drive based on the parking available where I'm going.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
The Elara. They have a parking garage but the thought of parent's gremlins running around, drunk people, old people, and theives around my unblemished car makes my skin crawl. I actually plan what I drive based on the parking available where I'm going.

Always time for a first...

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
As many times as I have been to Vegas I have never had any problems with my cars. Bring your cover for a little more safety.

oldmodman

Established Member
I only go to Vegas for Conventions these days and I always fly.
So I just rent the cheapest small car available since it's easier to park.
And all the conventions have free buses from hotels to venues.

But if I had to drive my own car, and I didn't drive my own beater I would ask to park it at LL's house and rent a beater or bum a ride to your hotel.
I wouldn't want to park a good car in a hotel parking lot either.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Consider, too, that parking in what seems to be a more protected area doesn't guarantee that your car will go unscathed. It's like parking your car far from a store entrance, only to find that some idiot dented/scratched your car. I'm all for taking steps to protect your car as much as possible, but in the end there is always the possibility for a mishap, no matter where you park. If you had a handicapped sign you could at least be guaranteed more space between your car and the ones on either side.

Would bringing a car cover be a help or an invitation for bad people to be stupid? It would obviously protect the car's paint from dings. Another (cautious) thought would be to park it in the valet area if there is one. Slap a big tip into the palm of an attendee you'd ask to watch over it. Maybe even cover the car while it's in the valet area. I've seen people do this. Just some thoughts. I know yours concerns. I'd have them as well if I was going.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Many of the hotels have absolutely colossal parking garages. It amazes me how much unused space is frequently available. If you are willing to walk and provided there isn't some giant event going on you should be able to find isolated areas/spots. As for the thieves, well, I don't know what to tell you about that.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Many of the hotels have absolutely colossal parking garages. It amazes me how much unused space is frequently available. If you are willing to walk and provided there isn't some giant event going on you should be able to find isolated areas/spots. As for the thieves, well, I don't know what to tell you about that.

I found a really nice corner spot for my 5.0 back in November in the Mirage's garage. Since most people fly into Vegas and don't rent cars, there's usually plenty of space available.

I really wouldn't worry about it. The garages have cameras and I don't know why it would be any different than parking anywhere else. It's not like people hang out in the parking garages for shits and giggles.

Rent a car and drive that to Vegas instead, if you're that concerned.

Last edited:

Torchy

Established Member

Mike and I both live here and hes spot on. For the thieves, just make sure you have nothing visible in the car, no iphone cords hanging out, bags in the cabin, interesting looking items ect. You want your car to literally look empty if some one were to walk by and peek inside.

Look for cameras in the parking garage and park right in front of one. FWIW I have well over 20k in my 13 coyote and hit the strip many times following these rules.

You're staying at a clean place too.

BTW whats this bash? I'm so uninformed out here lol

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You drive a mustang. Not a Ferrari. Nobody is gonna see your car any different than a resident of Vegas. Park it at a hotel or something.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
You drive a mustang. Not a Ferrari. Nobody is gonna see your car any different than a resident of Vegas. Park it at a hotel or something.

Ding ding ding

I lived in Vegas.. I saw Lambos, Ferrarris, Bentleys, Rolls, all on the daily. Nobody really cares that much about a mustang. My comp orange POS sat in parking garages all the time. No issues

Chug33

Established Member
Car cover. Or since you're a marine put a big marine sticker on the back, that'll deter anyone. My car is too low and my truck is too high for most garages I'm Austin.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I think putting a car cover over your car is just inviting people to come **** with it. You're doing nothing but calling attention to yourself by doing that, and what is it really going to protect you from? It's the desert so the weather is usually pretty decent and if someone does want to mess with your car, some dinky car cover isn't going to stop them.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Lol just find a good corner or end spot and check on it a few times a day. No ones gonna bat an eye at a 5.0 in Vegas. Car cover would just draw more attention to it. Theives are theives, take everything valueable out the car.

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
As many times as I have been to Vegas I have never had any problems with my cars. Bring your cover for a little more safety.

+1 Been to Vegas 100s of times and parked in just about every structure out there, never had an issue.

If you Valet your car, shouldn't it be safer?

I would advise against that lol

PS, whats this Bash? Is it like a Mustang meet?

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member

Ding ding ding

I lived in Vegas.. I saw Lambos, Ferrarris, Bentleys, Rolls, all on the daily. Nobody really cares that much about a mustang. My comp orange POS sat in parking garages all the time. No issues

I don't think he is talking about his car attracting attention.
Sounds like he is worried about something stupid happening to it from some inconsiderate POS.

Users who are viewing this thread