Safe NITROUS

lair116

Established Member
Why are smart men so stupid

For one thing I never started this all I said was that I had a t bucket and no it didn't come that way I built it my self, thats when he went a wall on me but like I said I'm not going to loose any sleep on this guy but just keep on racing my 04 and Harley. :pepper:

Last edited:

socalracer

Established Member
GTPRFXN said:
Whats the most you can spray a stock GT motor without running into problems such as rods letting go and so on....... I will be using a NX kit..... with a rpm switch.....

well i have an 03 gt with mild mods and with 24 lb. injectors and a 190 intake pump my car can handle 100-125 shot safely! i have had it on the car for almost two years! the car still runs and runs strong. the 125 is a hit or miss. but the 100 shot is perfect and you would be really impressed with your et. i drop almost a full 1.5 seconds!! what are you spraying now?

lair116

Established Member
NOS Big Shit

I just installed a NX nos kit 75 hp to 150 hp shot in my 04 lightning came with every thing Gage's,lines, bottle, bottle heater, purge system,msd nos switch which advances and retards your timing when the spray comes on at 3200, and shuts down if it goes over 6100 set the shift point at 6000 and the rev limiter at 6600, I don't want my rev limiter to come on when the nos is spraying hope to get some dyno pulls soon :burnout:

lair116

Established Member
NOS big shot

11.80 not bad for a street machine

Looks like privet pill is board again has never really had anything interesting to say anyway for sure was an abused kid guess thats how he got that name sprayed pony ..pony's are baby's :loser:

NXSVTCOBRA

lair116 said:
Looks like privet pill is board again has never really had anything interesting to say anyway for sure was an abused kid guess thats how he got that name sprayed pony ..pony's are baby's :loser:

y must you go on im convinced ur ignorant, did i say ANYTHING to you lately? no i haven't, i realized what type of person i was dealing with and i dropped it, if you must know my personal life, i was never an abused kid, i do have a mother and father, you stated i lived in section 8, since you're dying to know, i grew up in North Miami Beach and now i live in a condo on Miami Beach if thats considered section 8, i'm guilty.... do a google on my neighborhood that should keep you busy for a while

lair116

Established Member
NX 150 shot

Hey little pony no pun intended but (ignorant!!) at least I can spell, and you have a 3.4 in school?.... you live in a google neighborhood? never heard of google Florida :bored:

juiced96snake

BOSS 2511
Established Member
lair116 said:
Juiced96snake

IDIOT'S??? CALLING NAMES US LIKE THAT JUST MIGHT GET YOUR SPANKED IN A ROAD RACE, BUT THEN AGAIN WHEN YOU DO YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK MOM AND DAD FOR SOME MORE MONEY.

I dont know who the hell you are talking to but I buy everything with my own money that I got defending this coutry by serving in the military. You should be thanking me for you freedom that I defend everyday. So you can just shut your old ass up. And man let me tell you that working on old as carb style cars is SOOOO Hard keep working on your old a$$ donkey turds and when you are chasing you tail trying to figure something out this YOUNG guy isnt going to help your KNOW-IT-ALL A$$ out.

Idiots wasnt even directed at either of you by the way.

2003 Silver

Banned
lair116 said:
I think a one stage system like a 100 shot might be a little to much all at one time, you might want to use a two stage like 50 first and 50 for second when your in 4 gear, also If I were you I would use a separate fuel pump and also a 1 gallon fuel tank just for the NOS it self and as a safety purposes install a safety pressure regulator just in case your fuel pressure drops below 7#s it will turn off the the NOS system so you will not burn a valve in two, also buy your self a bottle heater and a purge system, just my 02 cents :idea:

Quick question for you (excuse me if I am highjacking this thread)...I don't know the first thing about nitrous. Saw "2Fast2Furious" a while back....does it really work like that or was that just done up for the movies?? Seemed like when they hit it....the cars took off like a freakin' jet.

juiced96snake

BOSS 2511
Established Member
1268Melberger said:
Quick question for you (excuse me if I am highjacking this thread)...I don't know the first thing about nitrous. Saw "2Fast2Furious" a while back....does it really work like that or was that just done up for the movies?? Seemed like when they hit it....the cars took off like a freakin' jet.
Take what you saw on fast and furious and throw it out the window. Nitrous will make your car faster. It works buy adding more, for the lack of words, oxygen so you can stuff more fuel in and buy doing this you get more power. The power you want is determined by how much nitrous and extra fuel you add. But you cant go over board cause you car might not be able to take that much of it. But when you do "hit " it with a 100 shot (100shot means you are adding aprox. 100hp to the wheels or engine, depends) you will feel the diff. Waiting till you are 100ft from the finish line to "hit" it is just stupid. As long as you got traction the sooner the better.

2003 Silver

Banned
juiced96snake said:
Take what you saw on fast and furious and throw it out the window. Nitrous will make your car faster. It works buy adding more, for the lack of words, oxygen so you can stuff more fuel in and buy doing this you get more power. The power you want is determined by how much nitrous and extra fuel you add. But you cant go over board cause you car might not be able to take that much of it. But when you do "hit " it with a 100 shot (100shot means you are adding aprox. 100hp to the wheels or engine, depends) you will feel the diff. Waiting till you are 100ft from the finish line to "hit" it is just stupid. As long as you got traction the sooner the better.

Thanks...interesting stuff!

lair116

Established Member
NOS Big Shot

I have to agree with juiced96
I first get the bottle up to 1100 lbs of pressure with the bottle heater then give it a little purge to get it right up to the solenoid , hit the trans brake button floor the peddle and as soon as I see the last yellow I let the button go and at the same time hit the nos button on a 150 shot it brought the wheels 2 feet off the ground and ran a 10.64.. it took 1.2 seconds off my normal run, not to confuse anyone this was a plate system on a 454 big block Chevy and a 4000 pound car, but I'm a ford man now but the nos will work the same for you in your cobra,Lightning, I have been using the laughing gas for 7 years now so I'm self taught and yes I have burnt valves right of the valve stem and wholes the size of half dolor, but if its done right it's light getting hit from behind by a fright train, the rear and tranny is what you half to beef up to make all them pony's hook, have fun :pepper:

Lair

Users who are viewing this thread