S650 Dark horse...Price?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Seems like the locked pcm is gonna be all of em here shortly
I wonder how far along F.A.S.T. or AEM have come these days with their Stand Alone systems.

Im sure we'll see some sort of work around. just such a pain in the ass that the gooberment is causing this BS.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Now I'm retarded, but what's the difference between a locked ECU in the Mustang and the ECUs that are currently in the Dodges/Chevy vehicles?

I know for Dodge since what 2016 and chevy since ~2018 you had to buy an unlocked ECU from hptuners raising the tuning price up at least 1k to even get started on a tune. Is this the same principle here? Or is this a step above what's currently around?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder how far along F.A.S.T. or AEM have come these days with their Stand Alone systems.

Im sure we'll see some sort of work around. just such a pain in the ass that the gooberment is causing this BS.
That’s outdated junk - you can get a plug and play Holley and be up and running on a Saturday

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
isnt the GT500 msrp about $75k starting? And cant you get a challenger hellcat for right at $70k?

$70k would be insane for essentially a track prepped GT

Hellcats are gone. GT500s are gone.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Hellcats are gone. GT500s are gone.

spongebob-rip-sad-sponge-bob.gif

q6543

Established Member
I was talking about this with a friend... the predators are holding around 1400 rwhp plus before letting go.

Hypothetically, you're buying a engine that with a fuel system and 22-24lbs of boost can live in the low teens.

I know the trans etc. Would then be an issue but still... there IS some value here.

Seems gen 3s can hold 1050 rwhp before eventually letting go.
I know this isn't gonna be for everyone... but I love the idea that this engine built to take "all of it"

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The way the EPA is going after the shops, tuners are going the way of the dodo bird. You'll buy a certified kit, be able to do it yourself, have money and know someone or stay stock. Anyone who makes engine controllers is in for EPA ****ery.

Adower

Established Member
From what I read the S650 will receive live wire updates. So they're essentially not tunable.
So what do you think the price will be for this? I saw 62k but i dont think thats MSRP, but We all know the dealers will have crazy mark ups. Id consider getting one but will not pay 80-100k.

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
Looking like s550 and below is the way to go from here on out. At least as far as tuning and after market support but definitely not for much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread