s2000 or sti

tjmpaintball06

Established Member
i know this is a svt forum but i was wondering if you had the choice between a s2000 and an sti which one would you take. the s2000 would get a cai. please tell which one and why.

mikes93cobra

Established Member
man no question s2k, i love s2k's plus wrx's sound like crap, there exhaust just sounds like pure crap, i havent been impressed by a single one around where i live all run 14's, plus s2000 is the funnest car i ever drove, and i def. want one here soon... drive both find out for yourself, i think the s2000 is WAY SWEETER. just my opinion.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
It depends on what you want to DO with it!!!

Autocross and opentrack------------>I'd say S2000 gets the nod

SCCA rallies, general street cruising, Bad weather daily driver----> STI is going to be better...

Are those the only choices????

Because for all of the above.....

I still think this is a fantastic player........ and can play HARD!!! at that!!!

TWSTRACK10.jpg

Jimmy :p

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Every WRX car we get traded in with mileage is LOADED with problems, I mean EVERY one. Modded ones with over 40k miles on them are practically falling appart. The s2000 is a decent car, but takes WAY too much work to enjoy, it has NO balls at low end making it friggin annoying to drive in regular traffic, and noisy as hell to drive spiritedly. On a track its great, on the street it sucks. The new models are supposed to have a vastly improved lower end torque curve, I have yet to drive one. If it is substantially better, it will be a much more enjoyable car. The chassis is fantastic. I've only ridden in the STi's a few times(driven a bunch of WRX's), fast as hell, but who knows the long term durability of them. I just think its too cheap overall at the core car, and way too much for the upgrades all said and done. It feels like a uber hopped up 12,000 car. The S2000 is die hard reliable, but a totally different beast, and very impractical. Talk about two totally different cars. Drive em both and see what you think. From a purity stance, I personally would take the S2000 if the new motor makes it the slightest bit less buzzy day to day. Again I havent driven the newest one yet, but that was all the car needed to make it one of the best roadsters ever.

Last edited:

tjmpaintball06

Established Member
yea the s2000 is fun as hell to drive and i love it. i havent gotten to drive a sti yet but i plan to today. I have heard that the subarus fall apart after mileage and the way i would drive it :rolling: it wouldnt last long. Plus i love the convertable, the feeling of the wind in your hair is intoxicating. I looked at the new mustang gt and i hated the interior. it just didn't feel like a mustang should, it didnt feel muscly at all...

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
Since you live in Tejas I'd recommend the S2k with the convertible top. My old boss and an old roommate both drove s2ks.. so I got to drive it quite a few times.its a blast to drive in the curvies,. I didnt think the low torque bothered me all that much since its such a light car. And you just get used to winding it out..The ladies love it, there's nothing like a convertible on a warm summer night :-D

Last edited:

ddurnan

VET ETR
Established Member
tjmpaintball06 said:
yea the s2000 is fun as hell to drive and i love it. i havent gotten to drive a sti yet but i plan to today. I have heard that the subarus fall apart after mileage and the way i would drive it :rolling: it wouldnt last long. Plus i love the convertable, the feeling of the wind in your hair is intoxicating. I looked at the new mustang gt and i hated the interior. it just didn't feel like a mustang should, it didnt feel muscly at all...

Get a Cobra...

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
tjmpaintball06 said:
i know this is a svt forum but i was wondering if you had the choice between a s2000 and an sti which one would you take. the s2000 would get a cai. please tell which one and why.

The new S2000 is a lot like driving a motorcycle, you need to rev the hell out of it to get anything. If you value handling, go with the S2000, this is the best handling car I have ever driven. I used to own a modded WRX and that car was fun in a different way. If you want to drop clutch a car at 6000 and get almost no wheelspin, this is the car you want.

I didn't see you mention an EVO, these cars are great fun.

Either way you go, it shouldn't suck.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Another vote for S2000 here as well. Better built, handling, and looking car IMHO. My buddy Jeff has 04 S2000, the comment on winding it out is a true statement, however its still a blast to drive. There were improvements made to the 04 valvetrain and displacement was increased which did improve the low-end punch some.

Users who are viewing this thread