s197 & s550 Mustang side by side

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
While the 6G Mustang maintains almost the same length of the S197, its proportions and sleek design including the sporty roof-line, make it look smaller, wider and lower.

v6s
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

5.0s
attachment.php

Shelby and PShop s550 Shelby
96282d1321413947-2013-gt500-svt13grabber.jpg

Ilustracion-Mustang-2015-Shelby.jpg

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Hate to say...I was right. Check my posts back when the 2010 first came out. I recommended dropping the top of the tail down an inch or so to create a graceful curve and to get rid of the bulk. Posted some pics. Done deal on the '15.

It will be interesting to compare the '15 to the Alpha platform Camaro. The Gen One (The Hugger) Camaro's felt much lighter than what they came up with. I will wager the new Camaro is going to look pretty damn good...even next to the '15 Stang. Should be an interesting couple of years coming up.

Last edited:

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
What is the gt base price and weight?

Ford hasn't yet said per se. JOB1 is scheduled for June-July and deliveries starting in August-September.

A minimum of 10% increase over the current 2014 model should be an educated guess. Rumor has it, the 2015 is at least 200# lighter. They didn't said either if that was the EB-4, V6 or V8s.

I think they're waiting for the competition (Challenger, Barracuda -if build- and the Camaro) to make their moves regarding pricing and weight.

Users who are viewing this thread