S15 silvia turbo fights hard.....

03kevo

Established Member
Yesterday in the morning, decided to go and get coffee from starbucks. As i sat in my car, this nice looking car pulls in. I have never seen a car like this before. It's of the nissan breed. We had a chance to talk a little bit, and he was probably in his mid twenties.

He asked if i wanted to run, and i said sure why not. We did three runs.

First run...we did the "residential roll", i decided to start in second. He honked, and from the get go, i was ahead. By the time i shifted to third, i was 2 cars a head, by mid 4th i was atleast 4 cars ahead. After the run, he said he did not boost handbrake(sp) and that 25mph roll was too low for him to make an impact on the race.

Second run, he asked for 45mhp roll. He lined up on my right. I started in second, (am 2-0 starting in second). On the first honk, OMG. The amount of commotion coming from his engine bay was of violent disturbing nature (VRRRRR___TATATATA___Psssssssssss_Shhhhhhss). Scared the shit out of me, since my window was down. By the time he honked 3 types, i was still flabbergasted. He jumped 1/2 a car a head. I grabbed 3rd and i was a fender a head with my car screaming like a little bitch (WHEEEEEEEEEE, WHEEEEEEEEEEEE). By fourth, he was at my rear fender, and he just stayed until i killed it at mid 4th gear.

3rd run. Same 45mph roll. This time round he jumped ahead and stayed ahead. By 4th gear, he was 1.5 cars ahead. My car felt tired. Felt low on power. On the 3rd run, his car had more stamina than mine.

He wanted a 4th run, but i told him i had no more muscles to flex.

He had the following mods;
-T3/T04E
-Full Apexi spec exhaut
-Sr20det jdm built motor
-Tial 40mm Wastegate
-Greddy H/E
-Interior delete
-Coilovers

He said he will send me pictures that i will post later. Never seen a nissan like that before. And it was rear wheel drive. The car looked almost like this..

582large.jpg

My car is definately a champion on the streets. Its 4-1.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
if I had to guess, I'd say he has an eaton swapped 01 cobra with a T56.

What you ran was a second gen nissan 240SX, don't generally see many of those cars around anymore

Nissan 240SX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
S15's are 3rd gen and are NOT related to the 240SX platform.....
Either imported from Japan (yes they exist in U.S, very rare) or a 240SX with a front S15 conversion.

Did you ever see the tail lights O.P?

03kevo

Established Member
and your car is.....

01 cobra with a terminator complete drivetrain etc

if I had to guess, I'd say he has an eaton swapped 01 cobra with a T56.

What you ran was a second gen nissan 240SX, don't generally see many of those cars around anymore

Nissan 240SX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looked a little bit like the 240sx but definately different.

This guy again?

-____-

Nobody dragged you into this thread. You can always GTFO!

I think its a girl

You really are hoping that i am a girl, dont you?

S15 would make it 3rd Gen hombre. Most likely not a real S15 though. Was it right hand drive or left?

Left hand drive

Either imported from Japan (yes they exist in U.S, very rare) or a 240SX with a front S15 conversion.

Yeah, they were kinda like 2 circular taillights, but one piece that extended from one tailght to the other.

Pics are rolling in...post them in a few.

03kevo

Established Member
He is selling the car, and i am really thinking hard about buying it.

03kevo

Established Member
He only send me these two pictures.
picture003mr.jpg

picture004sc.jpg

He was also running 7**cc injectors.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
Yup that'd be an S14.5 by the looks of it. No left hand drive S15's exist since they never made it to the US. S13.5 and 14.5 are just the first and second gen 240's with a front end conversion. Good looking cars and those Nissan motors are amazing. Looks like an SR20 Red Top. One of the best 4 cyl. ever produced.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member

Looks like someone knows their Nissans :thumbsup:

You and me are gonna be friends when I finally move out to So-Cal ok?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Left hand drive

Yeah, they were kinda like 2 circular taillights, but one piece that extended from one tailght to the other.

Pics are rolling in...post them in a few.
Then it was just a 240SX with the S15 front conversion, being left handed and tail lights gave it away. Im sure it was a 240sx hatcback with the SR20DET or the regualr SR20DE with a turbo. Tail lights look like either of these?
240sx_46-1.jpg

180OneLine.jpg

He is selling the car, and i am really thinking hard about buying it.
Nice little cars but he must be running a big turbo with race fuel to be running close to you like that.

03kevo

Established Member
Then it was just a 240SX with the S15 front conversion, being left handed and tail lights gave it away. Im sure it was a 240sx hatcback with the SR20DET or the regualr SR20DE with a turbo. Tail lights look like either of these?
240sx_46-1.jpg

180OneLine.jpg

Nice little cars but he must be running a big turbo with race fuel to be running close to you like that.

Yup those are the taillights. Remember seeing them flash when he yanked me. He had an Apexi GT Spec exhaust which i believe he said was 4inch. How much power could he possibly be making?

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
He only send me these two pictures.
picture003mr.jpg

picture004sc.jpg

He was also running 7**cc injectors.
Whoops didnt see the pics :beer:
Looks like someone knows their Nissans :thumbsup:

You and me are gonna be friends when I finally move out to So-Cal ok?
Ahaha I love Nissan's!
My brother owns a 240SX with a full S14 conversion. No, he didn't built the car :lol1:
58116_1538455961321922_6884733_n.jpg

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Some sweet cars, lots of them out here in SoCal. A few are buckets, but clean ones are :beer:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Those are one of the best looking imports when done right. I would not mind having one just for tits and wiggles.

Users who are viewing this thread