S/C C5Z06 vs whipple 03 cobra

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Went to the city to watch a baseball game on saturday in the cobra, after the game go for a cruise down our 2 main car cruising strips. Go to the tim Hortons for some ice cream close the the perimeter to go home. Seen a few nice cars there. Go in get the ice cream come out standing by the car (gf with me) and this blacked out z06 pulls up & can just hear the procharger whistling. After the ice cream fill my meth kit up jump in my car and go ask him how much boost he is running and hp# he said he was running 550rwhp and 9psi, said he couldn't go up more in fear of blowing it up. He asked about me car told him 19psi and 630hp. His buddy knew the old owner of my car and asked if I'd run on the highway I agreed. We go out there slow to about 40mph I think or 35. In 2nd gr he honks it off he gets the first hit pulls about a car. I go shift 3rd hit it perfect catching a little he shifts catch more than I am shifting to forth and bam missed the 4th fuuuuu and he just leaves me. He turns off right away guess he seen he won. Passed him later gave him honk and a wave. Looks like I'd would be a drivers race each time. Need some more seat time and practice shifting going to try and learn to power shift the car. Sorry for the long story.

Short version
Cruising go for ice cream, s/c z06 pulls up 550rwhp. Line em up on empty highway close till I missed 4th

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

evolve

Established Member
Damn Z06. Good death though. I was going to run a N/A one that makes ~550rwhp. At lest I know itd be close lol.

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Ya needed boost tho lol. I hit 3rd perfect tho is what pissesd me off when I missed 4th. Feet to fast for hand? Lol

Pntbll309

Established Member
Ya needed boost tho lol. I hit 3rd perfect tho is what pissesd me off when I missed 4th. Feet to fast for hand? Lol

Needed boost? Sounds like an excuse. It's a race, run what you brung or don't run.

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
If I wanted to make excuses I wouldn't have posted it, just jokes they always so no replacement for displacement therefore he added boost that's a replacement.

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
wash your car man...

How do you know my cars dirty? Try living on 8 miles of gravel always dirty when it comes home. Wash it every time I take it out. Ya if I see him again I'd want a rematch see what would happen.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
How do you know my cars dirty? Try living on 8 miles of gravel always dirty when it comes home. Wash it every time I take it out. Ya if I see him again I'd want a rematch see what would happen.

Your sig picture for starters, first thing I saw and was like holy **** has that car ever seen a bucket of soap and water and wtf is it even doing in a garage... Are you trying to protect it from hail because it sure as hell isn't from dirt and dust.

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
all that power but no one to drive it right, makin us look bad... that should have a been a good race.

Dragu1a

Established Member
If I wanted to make excuses I wouldn't have posted it, just jokes they always so no replacement for displacement therefore he added boost that's a replacement.

he already had the displacement...his boost wasn't a replacement, just a bonus.
hunt him down for a rematch.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Needed boost? Sounds like an excuse. It's a race, run what you brung or don't run.

Thanks for that insightful post. OP was saying he needed more boost. aka he didn't likely have enough boost...

And he did "run what he brung" just needed more boost and likely seat time.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Beeez like that sometimes. Can't win them all and normally a natural aspirated car making the same HP as FI is typically quicker. Would be interesting but the higher the speed the more you enter the Bette world. That's the whole reason for getting out front quick and trying to hold them off

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Brendan,

Share some advice with you that I picked up here and from other car enthusiasts.

When you shift from 2nd to 3rd, place the shifter knob on the palm of your hand and push with good force in a slight angle
( this kind of angle--> / )towards 3rd.

When shifting from 3rd to 4th, place your hand in the inverted position. Thumb facing down towards floor board and pinky facing headliner. The shifting motion should be 80% in your elbow and 20% in your shoulder. You'll hit that gear every time if the clutch is engaged properly. I'v had issues in the past with the T-56, I hardly ever miss a gear now.

Learn how to speed shift before dipping into powerS.

Last edited:

chipmonk

Established Member
Brendan,

Share some advice with you that I picked up here and from other car enthusiasts.

When you shift from 2nd to 3rd, place the shifter knob on the palm of your hand and push with good force in a slight angle
( this kind of angle--> / )towards 3rd.

When shifting from 3rd to 4th, place your hand in the inverted position. Thumb facing down towards floor board and pinky facing headliner. The shifting motion should be 80% in your elbow and 20% in your shoulder. You'll hit that gear every time if the clutch is engaged properly. I'v had issues in the past with the T-56, I hardly ever miss a gear now.

Learn how to speed shift before dipping into powerS.
way too technical, grip it and rip it. slam the hell out the gears and don't pop the clutch too early, works fine for me.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^+1. Not sure how different your 6 speed is from my 5 speed but 3rd is a straight push forward and 4th is straight back. 2nd is the only one you have to help a little.

Good death though. Hopefully you run into him again and of course make sure you have a camera.

evolve

Established Member
No it wouldn't LOL

no offense...

Not to thread jack but do you know anything about my car other than whats in my sig? My car is not full weight and I have headers about to go on with an E85 tune. So in actuality you are correct. It wouldn't be close: for him.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
way too technical, grip it and rip it. slam the hell out the gears and don't pop the clutch too early, works fine for me.
While its sounds too technical, it's like breathing after a few times. I broke it down step by step so it wouldn't be vague for the OP. There's a few hardcore guys on here that shift the same way. Wicked46 comes to mind, he was deep in the 10's with his Cobra.
^+1. Not sure how different your 6 speed is from my 5 speed but 3rd is a straight push forward and 4th is straight back. 2nd is the only one you have to help a little.
The T-45 is much smoother than the notchy T-56. Before the 2003 I owned a 2001 TB cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread