Ryan's performance Lake Charles, LA

mbreaux05

Established Member
Anyone have experience with this shop?

I hear pretty good things about stang hi in BR (I hear they are a bit pricey).

Looking to install O/R H and then get a tune. Just want to make sure it's a quality place before I get their custom tunes. I want to go aed, but I'd have to rent a dyno to do his data logs. So I figure if I'm renting a dyno, might as well get a custom dyno tune.

What do you guys think?

Also thinking about going FI, so if you had a shop install one for you (local Louisiana, east Texas) please chime in!

Notfast2012

Established Member
Triangle speed does great work. Ryan seems like a pretty good guy but I decided to drive 20 mins and go to TSS. They have tuned both of my cars and both turned out great.

burke985

Established Member
Anyone have experience with this shop?

I hear pretty good things about stang hi in BR (I hear they are a bit pricey).

Looking to install O/R H and then get a tune. Just want to make sure it's a quality place before I get their custom tunes. I want to go aed, but I'd have to rent a dyno to do his data logs. So I figure if I'm renting a dyno, might as well get a custom dyno tune.

What do you guys think?

Also thinking about going FI, so if you had a shop install one for you (local Louisiana, east Texas) please chime in!

Stang -Hi is a lil pricey but you get what you pay for IMO, They did a great job on my car and are a one stop shop with roush kits in stock .....Jeez i just sounded like a salesman. Their shop is top notch and i swear its the cleanest shop ive ever been in. Quality work done there. But if all your doing is a O/R H and a tune you dont need a dyno for that just do some data logs for shaun and get your O/R pipe put on by any exhaust shop

mbreaux05

Established Member
I can do the install, it's the data log that is the problem. I'd have to rent a dyno to do the logs (can't go 110+ on roads by me). So I figured since I'll already be on a dyno, why not just get a custom dyno tune.

That's why I wanted to know what reputable shops are around me, that I can trust.

burke985

Established Member
I can do the install, it's the data log that is the problem. I'd have to rent a dyno to do the logs (can't go 110+ on roads by me). So I figured since I'll already be on a dyno, why not just get a custom dyno tune.

That's why I wanted to know what reputable shops are around me, that I can trust.

Gotcha ,well good luck

Coonsnake

Established Member
I know of Ryans performance shop from facebook but cannot speak for his work or tuning. Ive used Cody @ Stanghi for several different cars ranging from 750 to 400 hp and he does good work. Like Burke said their shop is extremely clean and you can trust their work.

mbreaux05

Established Member
Does he only do roush tvs?? If I do FI, I'm leaning more toward centri... Just didn't know if he'd do that install?

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
You have PLENTY roads to data log your car on for Shaun. You have Hwy 117 thru Kisatchie you could datalog the space shuttle on!!!!!

I live in Lake Charles and spoke to Ryan about a Procharger. Good guy but I do all my wrenching myself.

Just get out on Hwy 171 and run thru the gears for Shaun. It's only gonna take one MAYBE two datalog sessions at most.

mbreaux05

Established Member
Haha, not some much the "space", but the law enforcement is the issue. Being military police, a local speeding ticket is a huge no no. That's why I'd have to be safe and hit the dyno.

Dtde99

Ryans performance is great! Id go to them over triangle and especially stanghi. I had the worst experience at stanghi, he almost blew my engine and i payed way too much money there. It was so bad i had to take legal action. Ryan works in collaboration with the guy that wrote all the data files for the coyote engine. Stanghi and tss both were kicked out of the group thats responsible for the tunes for the coyote motor. My car made almost 40 more hp with ryans tune compared to stanghi's.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Ryan works in collaboration with the guy that wrote all the data files for the coyote engine. Stanghi and tss both were kicked out of the group thats responsible for the tunes for the coyote motor.

Can you clarify this? Who is "the guy"?

Users who are viewing this thread