RXT Clutch ,Flywheel?

Unrealford

Established Member
Hey guys, In a week or so I'm going to have my Boss 302 clutch replaced with a RXTClutch.

I was wondering if its 100% necessary to replace the flywheel or can I use stock flywheel.
I was told by a few people to replace the Flywheel, Pulse ring, the crank sensor, etc. etc.
When I attended the Summits 5.0 Street true class shootout recently the guy at the stand for Mcleod told me the stock would work but there with be about 1/16 of the ceramic disc not making contact with flywheel and it would be fine,?

SCalla1384

Established Member
^ good info there!

Curious, on the GT's what type of flywheel is it? Steel/aluminum?

And anyone know the difference in weight of a stock GT clutch vs a McLeod twin disc? RST or RXT?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
^ good info there!

Curious, on the GT's what type of flywheel is it? Steel/aluminum?

And anyone know the difference in weight of a stock GT clutch vs a McLeod twin disc? RST or RXT?

The stock unit its steel

The stock assembly weights in @ 47.25lbs

The Mcleod RXT with billet steel flywheel is 46lb
The RXT With the Aluminum is about 37lb
The RXT with the Lightened steel its about 42 Lbs

jojobee

Established Member
we do real well with the exedy's and billet steel flywheel

lemme know

I'm looking into this as well but it seems that everyone call the Exedy's differently.

Do you have a part number so that i can lookup exactly what is the billet steel flywheel and the Exedy 600 you're talking about ?

With 650-700rwhp and a clutch that has more grip will the mt82 survive ?

Tks

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
I'm looking into this as well but it seems that everyone call the Exedy's differently.

Do you have a part number so that i can lookup exactly what is the billet steel flywheel and the Exedy 600 you're talking about ?

With 650-700rwhp and a clutch that has more grip will the mt82 survive ?

Tks

Idk but from experience I had an RST clutch in mine with approximately 450-460 rwhp and blew 3 mt82's. only thing I can think of is the clutch grabbing too hard for the tranny with the power which is nowhere near what ur making!!!! Maybe something else but that's the only thing I can think of that could of possibly caused my failed trans. Just my experiences, with the t56 and RST I haven't had any problems in about 3k miles (knock on wood). My second mt82 blew up on my first WOT run after getting it back from the dealer and breaking it in.

Users who are viewing this thread