Rusting Roush Mufflers

455HO71

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. I bought a Roush axleback system one year ago and have maybe 3k miles on it. Both mufflers are rusting in a couple of spots at the bottom. I know it's likely due to the design and how moisture runs and settles but this is a bit troublesome. I will also be speaking to my cousin who is an engineer mgr at Roush about this problem (and maybe score a new system lol).

BROK3N-SVT

Established Member
Is it actual rust or is this just rust color water marks. Like if you took scotch brite to them, will it come off. If its actual rust, is it still fresh and can be sanded off?

Reason I'm asking is if you catch it soon enough, lightly sand it down and polish them and use a sealer on them so they kinda repel water.

MattR

Established Member
Mine are doing it as well, I think they have added a weep hole to the newer ones. Yes it looks bad. I'm not real happy seeing as how my car never even gets driven in the rain.

Tight Lines

Established Member
I'm not sure if they are the same as the ones that goes on regular GT's, as I had them on my GT and was told to drill small weep holes in the bottom for water drain. When I drilled into them, and I'm not kidding, I filled an entire butter container full of water. Here is a picture of what one side filled
D890BD4D-187C-41DC-814C-6CD30384A3A6-346-0000007ECD8BE4FB.gif

IA Shelby

Established Member
Call Roush. They will have you take pictures and submit them. Once they are reviewed and approved they will send you replacements.

I returned mine at 3000 miles.

fullboogie

Established Member
I've run the Roush "stinger style" mufflers on my GT, and then transferred them to my Shelby, for a total of 5 years. No rust issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread