rust/corosion on rims

ls1eater

Established Member
MY two front rims are chrome and in some small spots have a bit of kinda rust/corosion on them wondering whats best to get them back to looking shiny and new......thanks matt

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
first try Mother's Wheel Polish......it comes in a small red can..it may be small pieces from your brake pads that got wet and just stuck to the wheel.

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
go back to the dearler if your still under warranaty and have them warranty them out. I had 2 of my wheels replaced for free

ls1eater

Established Member
1bad03snake said:
go back to the dearler if your still under warranaty and have them warranty them out. I had 2 of my wheels replaced for free
HAHA Thats what im gonna do!!!!! new rims for free I like :banana:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
1bad03snake said:

I've never thought of that...BRILLIANT!!! I would say just use a light abrasive polish, i.e. clearkote vanilla moose hand glaze, and buf the spots off with a microfiber towel. A good wheel polish would probably work fine also.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree about taking them to the dealer first. If they won't warrantee them then DSG2003SVT's advice is next. :)

Users who are viewing this thread