Runing Rough ??

Acobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a 2004 Cobra....My mpg are very poor like 100miles per tank cruzing ??And between 1000rpm and 2200 rpm in runs rough higher rpm is fine
Any help would be great...

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Im not sure but I'd start with the basics, new plugs, fuel filter, clean the maf etc, maybe your tune is way off. Also if you have an xcal or any tuner you can check for any codes.

Jefe

Established Member
100 miles. Ouch. Theres a number of things you need to do every 10k-15k miles at least.... How many miles? Have any motor pics you can post? Tuned?

Like above:

New Fuel Filter
Clean the MAF
Clean the IAC
New Plugs
Clean Air Filter

What octane are you running?

Acobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
Amazon tune with poted blower and a 2.80 upper L.T. headers 3" exhaust intake t.b. + plenm

Jefe

Established Member
Something is definitely not right. Just a tune or do you have a wideband? I would start datalogging if you can. Either way, do all of the above if it hasnt been done. Take pics of the pieces if you can. Are you using the odometer to measure the miles per tank?

Oh ya Welcome to the best Cobra site on the net!

Last edited:

Acobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks for the help so far......
No I don't have a wide band yet. Rick just sent me a new tune and now there is a distict miss fire on the drivers side bank, and I have a P1639 Code
The milage I'm checking is from the odometer. It idels fine but from 1000-2200rpm it shakes the the car not even driving just reving in neutral. Would a dirts maf do that ? I pulled the plugs and changed then no difference.

Jefe

Established Member
A dirty MAF can cause a lot of problems. Stock MAF? Clean it and the IAC up on top of the throttle body. Do the fuel filter too for sure. Might be bad gas...

Jefe

Established Member
P1639

Capture3-4.jpg

Capture2-9.jpg

Tire/Axle Ratio is one of the main causes for code: P1639. This is described under Making Changes to the VID Block and also under Making Changes to the PCM Calibration. The VID block contains many items used by the strategy for a variety of functions. Some of these items include the VIN number, octane adjust, fuel octane, fuel type, vehicle speed limit, tire size, axle ratio, the presence of speed control and four wheel drive electronic shift on the fly versus manual shift on the fly. Only items applicable to vehicle hardware and supported by the VID block will be displayed on the scan tool.

When changing items in the VID block, the strategy will place range limits on certain items such as tire and axle ratio. The VID block is also limited to the number of times to be reconfigured. When this limit is reached, the scan tool will display a message indicating the need to flash the PCM again to reset the VID block.

Each of the procedures described below use the Worldwide Diagnostic System (WDS). Reprogramming can be performed by a local Ford dealer for any non Ford facility. There are other Enhanced Scan Tools that may have reprogramming capabilities available. Refer to the manufacturers users manual for details.

Last edited:

Acobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
Okay I'll try cleaning the mass air tomorrw can I use the same cleaner for the IAC ? Just spray them down with the cleaner ? Yes its a stock meter in a c&l body. The 1639 only happened after I installed Ricks tune does that make sence.

Users who are viewing this thread