Runiing at Big Willow With a Whippled Powered Cobra at 17psi, Limp mode? 80*

racebronco2

Established Member
This event was on Mother's day weekend. A little back ground, testing my 550rwhp Whipple at 17psi in 80* weather. I have the cooling mods but i have removed the condensor. The radiator is not boxed in at this time. Below are a few video's to show people how hard i run my car. Very few cars passed me. The second video shows the speeds and g forces around the track. The speeds posted in the turns are not correct, they are off at least 10mph. The straights are really close. My best time was 1:36.xx. I"m sure there are a few people whom can confirm the speeds i the corners are not correct. Me and another Whippled powered Cobra's engine temps never went over 208*, his ait2's never went over 160* and mine never went over 150*. He does not drive his car as hard as i drive my car.
Skip to the 7:00 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_YA_rxBz-o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yfEJfIUhD4

I went to another track 5-17/18-14. Temps on the 17th were 95*. My engine temps went up to 235*, ait2's were 165*. This track was the streets of willow which is more brake intensive, i had some brake issues. I need more brake and engine cooling. Most people would've backed off but i was chasing 2 modified C6ZO6's. One was over 520rwhp and the other told me he was closer to 600rwhp cars. The 520+rwhp cars is an old friend whom always talks smack about mustang. I caught and passed him. we compared times and his best time was 1:28.xx and mine was 1:26.xx. Needless to say he was butt hurt and went home without saying goodbye. I was faster than the 600rwhp C6ZO6 too but i don't know by how much. He was running hoosiers me on Nitto NTO1's.

On the 18th i went and boxed in the radiator. Temps were as high as 80*. Engine temps never went above 195* and ait2's went as high as 135*.

Users who are viewing this thread