Run in With SRT-4

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
went to best buy this evening and on the way back on rte. 5 an srt-4 passed me and gave me the BOV noise, didn't think anything of it but as luck would have it the light ahead of me turned red so i got over and figured why not. well as I pulled up next to him I saw him look over and say oh S H I T! :D I laughed on the inside but said nothing. He then looked at me and asked if that was the supercharged one, I politely(sp) said yes his coment to my answer was "you are going to F me up, I thought it was only a GT" anyway the light went green and we took off I soundly beat him by about two cars and still pulling up to 80mph, would've been worse but i spun through 1st, and 2nd. These bald F1 suck. anyway not really that big of a deal i just thought his comments where funny.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL, I've been waiting to play with one of those. There are some fairly well modded ones running around here too....

TRBO VNM

sweet man. at least he respected you and knew what was up. I did something simlar to an Evo8 with my brother in the car.

what color was it? gold? I have seen a couple gold ones running around.

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Good thing he was realistic about it he must been killed by a Cobra before and gave you the proper respect
never the less good kill
congrats

Blue03

Established Member
I have an SRT-4 and an '03 Cobra. I just did the Stage 2 upgrade on the SRT. I can tell you these cars are pretty quick. When mine was stock I raced a 2000 Mustang GT(5spd) with exhaust and stayed right with him, dead heat from 30mph to about 80mph when we quit. I was at a dyno last week with some of the MCT guys and SRT-4 guys from Toledo. I watched Vector's blue SRT put down 437hp to the tires. His wife drives that car everyday, it's her car. The car has run a best of 11.90@121mph so far and this was earlier in the year with a few less mods. This is just a bolt on car, no head/bottom end work or camshafts. Don't get me wrong I love my Cobra and have modded it also but the SRT-4 is really a kick ass little car for what it is, with great potential, and to me, a lot better than buying Japanese. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GLHS837

Established Member
Where at on 5? I know most of the St Marys locals, and a few of the Charles/Calvert folks:) I'm down in Great Mills myself. Wasnt me:)
Did you spot any identifying mods. Most folks do sport a BOV. I did for a short time, but I took it off doing some troubleshooting and never bothered to put it back on:)

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Blue03 said:
I have an SRT-4 and an '03 Cobra. I just did the Stage 2 upgrade on the SRT. I can tell you these cars are pretty quick. When mine was stock I raced a 2000 Mustang GT(5spd) with exhaust and stayed right with him, dead heat from 30mph to about 80mph when we quit. I was at a dyno last week with some of the MCT guys and SRT-4 guys from Toledo. I watched Vector's blue SRT put down 437hp to the tires. His wife drives that car everyday, it's her car. The car has run a best of 11.90@121mph so far and this was earlier in the year with a few less mods. This is just a bolt on car, no head/bottom end work or camshafts. Don't get me wrong I love my Cobra and have modded it also but the SRT-4 is really a kick ass little car for what it is, with great potential, and to me, a lot better than buying Japanese. :thumbsup:

+1

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
GLHS837 said:
Where at on 5? I know most of the St Marys locals, and a few of the Charles/Calvert folks:) I'm down in Great Mills myself. Wasnt me:)
Did you spot any identifying mods. Most folks do sport a BOV. I did for a short time, but I took it off doing some troubleshooting and never bothered to put it back on:)

It was next to the farmers market, the only thing i could see was that he had some sort of gauge on the steering colum i don't even think the windows were tinted. and of course the BOV. I'm in great mills myself.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
SRT-4's kinda suck IMO! My friend at UMCP has one and he swears it's the best thing since sliced bread, NOT! :nonono:

Good kill Chris!

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Even before my pulley I got at one. I was behind him at a light, he took off, I followed behind him until it was clear then pulled over a lane over and blew right past him like he wasn't moving. By the top of 2nd I had 3 cars on him. He was just laughing :D

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
GLHS837 said:
Hmmm, gauge on the column? Doesnt ring a bell, but I might find him:) My silver is always in my driveway, right on Chancellors Run.

Ouch! I assume you just stay home once the base lets out then....that road is bumper to bumper from one end to the other. I guess that means you'd have to walk to Nicoletties(sp)!

GLHS837

Established Member
Ah, its not too bad since they realigned it. And it'll be nice to get a check for them to buy my roadside ditch:) I usually do stay home til at least 530. And since I'm way down by the regional park, no way I'm hiking that far.

TRBO VNM

Antex said:
They are the fastest $20,000 car out there! I'm very impressed by them...high 13 second car bone stock....with a little modding they are running low 13's... :beer:

ahhh, still just a neon. :lol:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I'll take a $20K Subaru WRX with 227hp over the SRT-4. It's turbocharged and AWD. Oh, it's also not a Neon, lol. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread