rubbing compound?

97whitecobra

Established Member
C, How bout a few words on touch up's for those few rock chips we all have sooner or later. So that it will come out decent looking for once. or PM me if I'm too off topic here. thanks

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
there is no need to be an ass and say that i dont know what i am talking about....i worked in a body shop for 3 years and i know that you can conceal a scratch if it is in the clearcoat. I never said that it would be gone forever or even that it would be completely gone. I just offered advice to the original question....which was for a cost effective way to handle the problem...not to repaint the damn panel. I am sorry that you obviously dont know what its like not to be able to just go out and paint a panel and it only cost 15 bucks for paint. Some of us dont have that luxury. So when a freind asks how to do something in a cost effective way I give him a suggestion that he can try out for a few dollars..I could have easily been an ass like you and said...Paint it thats the only way...but he didnt want to hear that... For further reference keep your butthole remarks to yourself when refering to another person on here no one wnats to here your opinion if it is negative. If all we did was talk begative then there would be alot of miserable people on here.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
having said that lets go our seperate ways, never speak again and all wil be happy.....i have never had any probs with anyone on this site untill now..and would like to go on without another.

Thanks Travis

C_Record

Established Member
Dude, chill out. I'm here to get info and provide any info which might be helpful to those who need it, not to bash people. But I certainly know enough about painting, buffing, scratch repair, etc. etc. to comfortably give advice and to simply correct those who provide advice which shouldn't be given. But you refuse to take simple correction. If you worked in a body shop for 3 years, then you're still an apprentice. I can point out to you things in your post which are wrong, but you continued to debate with me, of which I never back down. Now if you want to discuss this offline, without the attempt at recruiting people to back you up here on the internet, I'd be glad to talk to you. And don't try to dis me here with words, because you'll lose:)

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
fine .....having said that lets squash it, I did not mean to lash back at you as harsh as i did but I dont like beign called out lke I am so uneducated. Your RIGHT I was still considered an apprentice but I have been able to conceal scratches manually without painting. Most of these have been with a buffer and wetsanding but we both know its hard to recomend a highspeed buffer to anyone that hasnt got experience with one. You can surely kill a nice paintjob just by holding one still for 2 seconds too long. I agree with you that the onyl way to completely get them fixed would be to repaint...just trying to give some easy do it yourself advice. It may hide it enough that he doesnt have to worry about it. out of sight out of mind I guess...
I step down..

:beer: Truce?

Travis

C_Record

Established Member
Originally posted by VenomousSVT
fine .....having said that lets squash it, I did not mean to lash back at you as harsh as i did but I dont like beign called out lke I am so uneducated. Your RIGHT I was still considered an apprentice but I have been able to conceal scratches manually without painting. Most of these have been with a buffer and wetsanding but we both know its hard to recomend a highspeed buffer to anyone that hasnt got experience with one. You can surely kill a nice paintjob just by holding one still for 2 seconds too long. I agree with you that the onyl way to completely get them fixed would be to repaint...just trying to give some easy do it yourself advice. It may hide it enough that he doesnt have to worry about it. out of sight out of mind I guess...
I step down..

:beer: Truce?

Travis
No problem :beer:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Man, would you two get a room, the tension is killing me...LOL

nozzl97

Established Member
my parents dog recently jumped up on my car, leaveing 3 or 4 scrathes in the right rear panel. i think that they're only through the clearcoat, and someone suggested i use rubbing compound to try to remove them. any thoughts or ideas?thanks

stick with my advise in the previous replies & you will come out just fine. good luck to you hope all goes well. ralph

Users who are viewing this thread