RPM Outlet

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
There have been several neg posts about RPM (I did a search). Just wanted to put in a plug for them. On Tuesday of last week, I ordered the following:

SS Bassani catted X and catback
2.8 Pulley
Pulley puller
Complete Idler set
Accufab TB and painted plenum
95MM Maf

Monday, it all shipped to the house, except I got a polished plenum instead of a painted one (and didn't get charged for it). I haven't installed the stuff yet, but so far thier service has been awesome, George even gave me a break on the shipping of the exhaust.

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
I'm glad you posted this. I just ordered a couple gauges and an A-pillar pod from them last week. Everything was correct in the order and everything arrived very quickly. I placed my order on Friday afternoon and got the parts the following Monday. Although I do only live about 200 miles from them. I have been more than happy in my dealings with RPM Outlet.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Be careful with their pulley puller. I have the motoblue unit as well and the main shaft bent when pulling the stock pulley off.

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
Notdisturbed, you mean the puller shaft bent? What was the negative affect? Did you get your new pulley on with no prob. Thanx for the heads up

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
I've ordered many times from rpm, I did have some problems the first time but never the less the product arrived as promissed, every other time its arrived in three days w/ no problems. Yes I would do business w/ them again plus you cant beat their price. Remember, you are talking to hundreds of svt owners, mistakes are bound to happend as they are not perfect.

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
as notdisturbed said, just be a little carfull and take your time with that puller. I snaped the bolt off inside my blower shaft. Not saying it is a bad puller, but i've seen better that are easier to deal with. Have somone to help you if at all possible.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Nice to hear some postive on them. Thanks...

I have used the ASP Puller(not sure if its the same as the Motoblue or now) But I tellya..it works awesome...I know there are more heavy duty looking ones out there....like Amazon Racings...but so far so good with my ASP one....put a bunch on and took a bunch off so far ......just remember to keep these tools lubricated...especially the main pulling threaded shaft...makes things much easier.

NMRAcer

Aviator & Terminator
Established Member
Kick ass. Its always good to hear some good stuff about vendors. All too often people post just negative and not the positive. Get a good relationship established with them and the treatment only gets better.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by svt03cobra10th
Notdisturbed, you mean the puller shaft bent? What was the negative affect? Did you get your new pulley on with no prob. Thanx for the heads up

Yep, the main threaded shaft bent. It kind of froze me in my tracks, i had to order a replacement main rod set from pulleyboys.

03Bra

Established Member
I have the motoblue one and not a problem at all. did you have someone helping you? you just have to go slow with it and be patient. Have nothing, but good things to say about RPM Outlet. I have ordered several things from them and no problems at all. The only thing that I would have a complaint about is the Kenny Brown Hard Launch Kit. It is a waste of money for the 03-04 Cobras. Just get some aftermarket aluminum dif bushings.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by notdisturbed
Be careful with their pulley puller. I have the motoblue unit as well and the main shaft bent when pulling the stock pulley off.
mine did the same thing, and I hat to dremmel the pulley off.:cuss:

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Bra
I have the motoblue one and not a problem at all. did you have someone helping you? you just have to go slow with it and be patient. Have nothing, but good things to say about RPM Outlet. I have ordered several things from them and no problems at all. The only thing that I would have a complaint about is the Kenny Brown Hard Launch Kit. It is a waste of money for the 03-04 Cobras. Just get some aftermarket aluminum dif bushings.

It was me and a friend doing it. The entire thing was coated in anti-seize and we were going as carefully as possible. I think the main rod in the motoblue piece isnt made from a hard enough steel, when it bent it bent quickly and easily.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I'm gonna order my Stingers from them next week! They have AWESOME prices!!

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Heres is why you should be wary of the motoblue puller:

bentbolt.jpg

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
I ordered a accufab throttle body and non polished inlet from RPM OUTLET on sunday via the web. i orderd it 2 day air mail. wed rolled around and i hadnt seen it, so i called and they had sold out but got a shipment in that wed and would ship mine wed. and they said i would have it friday.
It arrived friday as i was told and when i opened the package it was all polished. so im not complaining. I will order from them again.

03blackCOBRA

Civil PE
Established Member
Two orders w/o problems (Bassani & AFCO). Happy people rarely talk up good service, but pissed people ALWAYS bitch out loud. :beer:

rezcobra

Established Member
I ordered headers from them twice and never got them, but then didn't get charged either. Third time I ordered from a different source and got them right away. Since then I haven't tried them again.

Users who are viewing this thread