RP --> MOBILE 1 ---> RP again?

Switch oil or keep it the same

• If tried oils in street raced cars, and made the switch back to Royal Purple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

testorossa1989

Established Member
I ran for years Royal purple in my GT and then swapped it to mobile 1 because the car burned oil like a mofo and i just never fixed the leaking valve cover gasket for it after that. I used mobile 1 on the cobra because factory specs call out for it. And switched in the GT to mobile one from royal purple because i didnt see the sense in consistantly putting good oil in a car that leaks it. Now i own my 2003 cobra that runs mobile 1 and its coming up on a oil change. Ive invested nearly $10,000 of performance goodies and im wondering if i should make the jump back to Royal purple for oil in the 2003 cobra. The Boost in the high teens, possible low 20's #. The car has roughly 78k on it. I want to do good by the car and not skip a treatment to do it right. The car already runs RP differential, and the transmission will be making the switch to syncromax Royal purple next week.

Last edited:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I use mobile 1, which is a waste because i change the oil 2 times a year. Oil never gets even 1k miles on it.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1, i've never seen ford say that specs calls for Mobile 1. i think Mobile 1 or HPS will def work. There are guys that use Mobile 1 in 800+rwhp cars that has zero issues. just change it regularly and you'll be fine.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
+1, i've never seen ford say that specs calls for Mobile 1. i think Mobile 1 or HPS will def work. There are guys that use Mobile 1 in 800+rwhp cars that has zero issues. just change it regularly and you'll be fine.

Have you ever seen what cheaper base stock Mobil 1 has done to turbos? I have. The internal parts turn shades of blue and crack.

Jimmy, FYI the 2000 R comes with Mobil 1 15-50 from the factory and has the sticker under the hood calling for such.

15W-50 is overkill for that car if used only on the street. Unless you are extended session road course racing this car, it's too viscous. Ford needs to go back to old school owners manuals that had intended use, climate, and other factors that helped an owner select the grade of lubricant.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Jimmy, FYI the 2000 R comes with Mobil 1 15-50 from the factory and has the sticker under the hood calling for such.

I could see them doing that, thanks for that inside info.

Since the Ford GT super car, they have been falling back on the 5w-50 that they speced out for it.

Only about 300 Y2KRs made though, I was think of standard production cars I guess.:beer:

If I am not mistaken that poster implied that Terminators specified Mobil 1, which is not true.

Users who are viewing this thread