Royal Purple Synchromax????

Rem152

Established Member
Hey guys I have a quick question I'm going to change out my transmission fluid to Royal Purple Synchromax in my 2006 Mustang GT stick shift with a Kenne Bell 2.6 putting down 500rwhp, but I wanted to know how many quarts does it take?

1). How many quarts does it take?

2). I'm doing a clutch and flywheel change so should I wait to do the fluid change or can I do it now and then do the clutch change?

3). Some people use redline? Cause of the Mercon or is this all bogus?

4). In the manual it states 11 quarts which has me confused cause that does seem excessive.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Rem152

Established Member
I read that it was a little more than 3 quarts, but I my main concern is I dont want to overfill or under fill.

Rem152

Established Member
That's what she said lmaooo sorry I had too.... Although that sounds great I want to make sure I purchase the right amount of quarts cause I don't want to get it lifted and realize I dont have enough.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I bought 3 quarts and it was enough. There was probably still some old fluid left in there. I also used a manual hydraulic pump to remove as much as I could after it finished draining.

It smooth out the shifts pretty nicely.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
That's what she said lmaooo sorry I had too.... Although that sounds great I want to make sure I purchase the right amount of quarts cause I don't want to get it lifted and realize I dont have enough.

3.15 quarts for your 2006 Mustang GT Tremec TR3650, 5 speed manual. I recommend Royal Purple Synchromax (part #01512, quart bottle).
You can also use Royal Purple Max ATF (part #01320, quart bottle) if you want to. Synchromax is preferred and offers a higher level of protection.

Edit: You can use the left over fluid in your power steering system.

Rem152

Established Member
Thank you sir I appreciate it... Something new you learn i tell ya didnt know you could use it for the steering fluid as well.

Users who are viewing this thread