Royal Purple Auto Tranny Fluid

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I really like RP products, but I don't use anything except Motorcraft tranny fluid. The new fluid is very low viscosity and has basically no solids in it. This is because of the extremely small passages in all the solenoids in the newer trannys.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Jim, the answer to your question is here:

Can Max ATF be used as a replacement to the new, lighter viscosity automatic transmission fluids such as Dexron®—VI, Mercon® SP and/or Mercon® LV?

Max ATF is an excellent, function replacement to these fluids; however, it is not a warranty-approved fluid. Consumers still under their factory warranty should remain with OE fluids, while those that have exceeded factory warranty may use Max ATF as a performance upgrade.

I'm not sure if you are worried about warranty repairs to the tranny or not.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
, The new fluid is very low viscosity and has basically no solids in it. This is because of the extremely small passages in all the solenoids in the newer trannys.

That might explane why the Converter is quiet when tranny fluid is cold and you can hear the converter when the tranny warms up..

Next question would be,,,how about a tranny cooler.....

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I believe it is already equiped with a transmission cooler. How big or efficient it is, I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread