Royal Caribbean Cruise to Bahamas

ninety8 GT

Mustang Fanatic
Established Member
To anyone that has traveled this specific cruise I'd love y'all's feedback. This will be our first cruise ever so I would LOVE to get any basic helpful hints, tips, tricks to make it a smooth and enjoyable experience. We leave July 11th and come back July 14th and I feel under prepared as to what to expect lol. Ports we are stopping at include Nassau and Cococay.

Thanks

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
We booked a RC cruise out of Baltimore, 10 days, San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominican Republic, Labadee Haiti. The ship was great, the food was beyond awesome, the water was bluer than blue. There was so much to do it was impossible to do it all. You'll have a blast!

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Been on the same cruise OP. Just bring plenty of cash broken down small for tips and gift shop crap. Play Bingo, and get the $50.00 electronic machine that comes with a free shirt. Soups are good at lunch time.

Don't George Costanza the help.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
We've done a few cruises, our last cruise was a 12 dayer out of Baltimore. Ports were Labadee, Grand Caymen, Aruba, St Kitts, and St Maarten. Unfortunaly our stop at Labadee was rerouted to Nassau for a medical emergency. Nassau is way too touristy for me. They funneled everyone through the Atlantis, and it was the worst stop by far.

That said, cruises are great. Good food and entertainment.

I prefer an all-inclusive over a cruise though.

Last edited:

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Been on the same cruise OP. Just bring plenty of cash broken down small for tips and gift shop crap. Play Bingo, and get the $50.00 electronic machine that comes with a free shirt. Soups are good at lunch time.

Good call, I always take about $100 in ones and fives just for this reason.

ninety8 GT

Mustang Fanatic
Established Member
Thanks for the replies so far guys. Is there really a dress code for nighttime? Some things I've been reading online sounds sort of formal at night. Also for the Nassau guys, is it worth paying for any excursions or is it best to just walk around by yourself and explore?

nickf2005

Established Member
Thanks for the replies so far guys. Is there really a dress code for nighttime? Some things I've been reading online sounds sort of formal at night. Also for the Nassau guys, is it worth paying for any excursions or is it best to just walk around by yourself and explore?

If RC lets you bring a bottle of wine, pour out the wine, fill it with whiskey, and reseal it. Make sure the wine bottle is for a red wine (green tint). This worked flawlessly on Carnival. All the cruise lines want top dollar for their booze.

Posted via Topify on Android

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Dinner would be the only dress code that I know about, but khakis and a nice button up are fine.

For Nassau, I would not book through the ship, do some research on http://www.tripadvisor.com/ ahead of time. Some islands I would suggest sticking with excursions through the ship, but not there....

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member

3MpALO9.gif

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
If RC lets you bring a bottle of wine, pour out the wine, fill it with whiskey, and reseal it. Make sure the wine bottle is for a red wine (green tint). This worked flawlessly on Carnival. All the cruise lines want top dollar for their booze.

Posted via Topify on Android

This this this

We did an RC to the Caribbean lots a fun you dress anyway you want. Bring a sport jacket/ suit if you want.

Spudz

Established Member
I've been on this exact cruise. It's a nice little weekender to get away from things. Personally, I just went in to the trip with no expectations and no itinerary. Didn't do any shore excursions. Just let the trip unfold and did what I wanted and it was great. Ended up at the Cococay beach for most of that stay and just people-watched while sipping a fruity drink of some sort. The alcohol wouldn't let me remember much else; that was half the fun.

Pro-tip: if you go to the formal dinners, you are allowed to request as many dishes as you want. You could order three dinners if you wanted. I always picked two appetizers to go along with my main dish. Just a nice little tip that I appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread