Roy Halladay dies in plane crash

fangstang

Established Member
halladay_1280_2lng8tqw_r7iwxeu2.jpg

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21331438/roy-halladay-40-dies-plane-crash-gulf-mexico

scott_0

Established Member
real shame RIP

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Sucks, he always seemed like a decent guy. Flying a junk dangerous aircraft some California liberal designed, which has already killed multiple people.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
He just picked this plane up too, it was a new Icon A5. Worth mentioning the lead test pilot and the head engineer for Icon/aircraft were both killed in a crash a few months ago. That incident was deemed pilot error. They have some strange terms and conditions you must agree to in order to buy the aircraft. Mainly the agreement to not sue and permit an in cabin camera that records the pilot and is property of Icon...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
He just picked this plane up too, it was a new Icon A5. Worth mentioning the lead test pilot and the head engineer for Icon/aircraft were both killed in a crash a few months ago. That incident was deemed pilot error. They have some strange terms and conditions you must agree to in order to buy the aircraft. Mainly the agreement to not sue and permit an in cabin camera that records the pilot and is property of Icon...
Any links, seems odd.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So young. Too bad.
He just retired not too long ago, right?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Ok, I read a tad of that. My question, don’t all aircraft need to undergo rigorous testing and be certified by the FAA?

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
A great pitcher and good guy by all accounts gone too soon. Very sad.

One of the Four Aces, here in Philly. Roy (Doc) Halladay, Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, and Roy Oswalt. RIP Doc

3 Aces and a Jack at best. Oswalt's name doesn't belong in that kind of company and Halladay was for sure the Cream of the Crop.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Ok, I read a tad of that. My question, don’t all aircraft need to undergo rigorous testing and be certified by the FAA?

I believe this particular aircraft was considered a light sport aircraft. They are built to industry consensus standards, but not FAA airworthiness standards/requirements. They are basically considered recreational aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread