Roush TVS MT82 feedback

cmsnake

Established Member
Quick snap shot of whats going on. I have an 06 accord daily that I just got an offer on that I cant refuse, so ill be letting that go for now and will be driving the 14 GT daily for a bit. Im getting real close to putting on the Roush blower. Looking for some feedback.

Any of you guys daily your tvs cars with a stick? Tranny isnt exactly bullet proof and im sure ill be getting another beater at some point. But would like to drive the stang for a while with the blower. How about the clutch, is it holding the power for a bit? I dont expect to get 100k on the stock clutch tranny with 550whp....but is it good for 20-30k miles?

Thoughts/feedback..

Last edited:

TXVNM

Established Member
I drive my stage3 Roush (TVS/6Speed) about 2-4 time a week to work with about a 30 mile round trip and it seems to drive good, only think I can complain about is the gas mileage ( but I like to drive very spirited).

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I've had my tvs on my M6 5.0 for about 5000 miles so far. I am still on the stock clutch (26,000mi), but I haven't had enough traction to take out the clutch yet. I am putting some DR's on very soon so I can let you know shortly. I've been down the track about 30 times so far with no issues with the tvs and stock tranny/clutch. I truly don't expect the clutch to last long though, it's asking a lot from something designed to hold MUCH less TQ.

stang910

Established Member
I don't have a TVS, but my MT-82 held up just fine with my Paxton. It had 35,000 miles on it before I did the auto swap. Trans was still shifting great when it was pulled.

jojobee

Established Member
No problem here with the clutch, tranny had to be rebuilt but otherwise its great.
Will do the clutch anyway at the same time i do the forged block.

Users who are viewing this thread