roush cobra, cool pic, exhaust question!

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
how does the side exhaust compare to a traditional magnaflow or bassani xpipe and catback system??? any performance increase, or loss????

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Damn, both those 03s are hot. I am not a huge fan of the R wing, but it looks good on the blue one.

capnkirk, I don't know about he performance gains, but I am pretty sure the side exit exhaust weighs a fair amount more than a regular exhaust set up.

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys.

capnkirk52, the exhaust on my car is a Roush design manufactured by Magnaflow. Since my car was the first '03 Roush conversion Cobra it was used to prototype the exhaust system. Like all other aftermarket exhaust systems, the Roush side-exit provides gains over stock. I don't know what this particular car made before the Roush guys got a hold of it but after their exhaust was added and before Paul High's Performance mods it dyno'd 385 rwhp. Other than Magnaflow, I believe Spintech, Borla, and Bassani make a side exit system for IRS Cobras; however I'm not sure if they bolt-on the same as the '03/'04 cars.

Click the link
MustangWeekly

Arthur

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
roushraven, that car is amazing. I am sure you have been asked this hundreds of times, but do you have any pics of your 1000+ horsepower garage? It sounds amazing and I bet it looks even better.

-Brett

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Lethalchem
Normally I don't care for the R wing, even on the origional, but it certainly looks good in the above pick! :thumbsup:
On this particular car the rear wing just works so nicely. Like the 2000 Cobra 'R'. That is one bad looking machine. Very nice! :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey Roushraven, what springs did they install? I like your ride height. Or are you using coil-overs?

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Originally posted by roushcobra03
lets see if this works
03-Cobra.gif

Hey, i see you have the saleen side scoops.. where did you get them at? where they easy to install? did you have to do any modifications to the stock mounting places?
thanks.
pd: that grill looks pretty good too. could you please let me know where you go it from.
thanks so much
Jersey

Users who are viewing this thread