Rotrex Supercharger Impressions

kchurley8591

Established Member
I recently had a Rotrex Supercharger kit installed in my 2013 Mustang GT and I'm here to tell you my overall impressions on the kit as it's a great alternative to Roots blowers and Vortech/Procharger setups.

I had the kit installed a few months ago with some doubts on how it would perform and stack-up against other kits on the market. With the Mustang platform being the number one most modded car on the market, my options were plentiful, but I wanted to try something totally different.

After talking with some friends who were familiar with Rotrex, I was instantly bought in for their efficiency and compact design. The kit has been on the car for the past several months here in Michigan, and I am very impressed. The car put down 383 rwhp and 384 ft/lb of tq on a dynojet. The car is now putting down 570rwhp and 510 ft/lb of tq with some minor tuning still to be done. I'm even shocked to say that my gas mileage is going up haha. Usually something thats complete opposite when adding a power modifier, but unless you're getting on it, the car seems to run more efficiently!

The car drives completely smooth and feels like it has a much larger engine! Theres none of that instant insane tq which makes the car almost non-drivable. I was able to race my buddy with the same car and a VMP roots blower. Almost every race my car was side by side with him and he was putting down more power, but he was just spinning. The horsepower and torque numbers are super linear and gradually build unlike a roots blower that spikes or turbo that has nothing nothing nothing then bam. I absolutely love it!

I'd highly recommend the kit to anyone who is interested as the company is slowly making their transition to the United States. Shoot me a message if you have any questions or might be interested in the kit.

kchurley8591

Established Member
Haha. I know I wish I worked for them! I'm just one to post what I love and with how anal I am on my car, if something works, I want to let everyone know. I'll send the updated dyno sheet tonight but here is what the pre production kit looks like. The car is getting an oil change right now so this is the only updated pic I have. The only real difference will be an air box that will seal up to the hood around the cold air intake and the pulley tensioner will say rotrex. Everything.else pretty much is done.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Sweet, don't see them much I remember when they came out with the 3V kit. They're pretty small but the variable speed stuff is cool, plus you get to say "it's the same blower as a koenigsegg".

kchurley8591

Established Member
IMG_2217.JPG

kchurley8591

Established Member
I was skeptical at first as well. The kit is putting out about 8 psi right now, this was when the kit was first designed it has about 7 psi of boost. This was also being measured on a dynopack, which is usually known for giving the most accurate numbers since you don't have any friction loss from the tires. Also, the numbers were with I believe 2.5" piping, but when we bumped it up to 3" piping all around, the tq numbers went up a ton! I think when it was all said and done, it has about 570rwhp and 550 rwtq. I'm waiting for the final dyno numbers to post up tonight, but you can see how linear the curve is. IMG_1948.jpgIMG_2220.JPG

Last edited:

kchurley8591

Established Member
Haha not what I wanted either. Thank god it's up to the numbers it's at now with all the changes that were made. Check out that screen shot of the dyno pull before 5500 rpm!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
lol I am most certainly not working for Rotrex. I just love the stealth and performance of the kit.

tough crowd here, though I understand their skepticism. We have heard for years there would be a Rotrex kit for mod motors etc. Your post does seem like a bolt out of the blue and kinda comes off as someone working for them, or a shill for them, no offense meant, that's just the way it sounds.

Can you give us details on the kit, how you got to test a pre-production kit, what they might cost if and when they come to market? Is this kit direct from Rotrex or from another vendor using Rotrex Superchargers| Compressors?

kchurley8591

Established Member
Yeah tough crowd indeed. I do not work for Rotrex, but know some information that can't be shared at this time about the company. I can tell you that this will from Rotrex themselves. I was fortunate enough to meet the owner and was asked if I wanted to try this kit on my car. I do not get paid by them, I just wanted to share my thoughts with everyone.

I believe they're trying to make kits for the Mustangs, Camaro's, Challengers, and Chargers. Since I do not work for them, I don't know the total cost of the kit, but I'm sure I can reach out and try to find out that information. They will 100% come to the market though as all of the testing and development comes to the final stages on my car.

This is not another vendor of kits like kraftwerks is doing. This will be direct from Rotrex. Sorry if it is coming off as though I work for the company, I just wanted to share my thoughts on this as I've spent the entire summer having it designed for my car and it's finally on the last steps.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yeah tough crowd indeed. I do not work for Rotrex, but know some information that can't be shared at this time about the company. I can tell you that this will from Rotrex themselves. I was fortunate enough to meet the owner and was asked if I wanted to try this kit on my car. I do not get paid by them, I just wanted to share my thoughts with everyone.

I believe they're trying to make kits for the Mustangs, Camaro's, Challengers, and Chargers. Since I do not work for them, I don't know the total cost of the kit, but I'm sure I can reach out and try to find out that information. They will 100% come to the market though as all of the testing and development comes to the final stages on my car.

This is not another vendor of kits like kraftwerks is doing. This will be direct from Rotrex. Sorry if it is coming off as though I work for the company, I just wanted to share my thoughts on this as I've spent the entire summer having it designed for my car and it's finally on the last steps.

Excellent... Thank you for the clarification you could provide and please keep us posted with updates and details that you can share.

kchurley8591

Established Member
It will be nice once the air box is made up (i think it will be carbon fiber), and get the one piece molded ducting for it. It will look super clean when that is all done.

Users who are viewing this thread