Rotors..whic ones you running

mustangal

Established Member
Ok time for new rotors...looking fro something that wont fade and or warp under racing conditions....anyone running the power slots? Let me know what you guys are running and what you think about them thanks!

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I had Powerslots and they warped. I know run Baer Eradispeed with Hawk ceramics and i love them.
baer-erdaispeed-f.jpg

You should also swap your lines with SS. That alone will make your braking system a million times better.

JymBart

Established Member
Slotted Brembo's on all four, ............ Brembo calipers and SS lines, ....... plus air duct hoses to a ducted backing plate.

Works for me.
JymBart

mustangal

Established Member
Last edited:

TVSCobra

Established Member
Im going with Centric (blank) when its time for me. Cheap cross-drilled and slotted are no good.

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
Wilwood 2 peice all the way around wth forged 4 piston Wilwood binders...first mod I made to the car.It's idiotic having a high hp car with shitty brakes.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I bought the kit from Dagostino Racing...Baer decela rotors, hawk pads and stainless lines for around $700 I think. Brakes feel 100 times better than stock.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Stock Plain Brembos FTW!
I have heat cracked them but never had any run out issues.
BTW All rotors will eventually heat crack when you do what I do to them.
I just retire them to street duty where they no longer get the heat loads and they stay the way they are.

Tire rack pulled them from the web site and others have said they are on some kind of major back order.

In the unlikely event that I crack up another set before I go 14" I'm going to check out NAPA's OE replacement rotors... At one point in time it was rumored that they were OE Brembos in a NAPA box.

Make sure you check out Bruce's rotors! They are freaking bad ass and have Coleman Racing discs! They are serious.
AND THEY ARE LIGHT!

modsNstuff50.jpg

PB280034.jpg

Fat-cat

Established Member
i have power slots in the front for over a season now with no issues. Lots of track and hard stops on the street i would not use them on the road course but for street / 1/4 mile they are good

mustangal

Established Member
Ok cool..so no one has seen any warping or fade in a slotted brembo? I think i would rather go that route since the car OEM comes with Brembo. Unless someone knows something i dont. Also...those air duct piping...the plate that blows the air on the rotor..is that something that was made or purchased...i really like that...it looks sweet!!!

Last edited:

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
I can get autozone rotors for $11 apiece...How's that for economy!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Ok cool..so no one has seen any warping or fade in a slotted brembo? I think i would rather go that route since the car OEM comes with Brembo. Unless someone knows something i dont. Also...those air duct piping...the plate that blows the air on the rotor..is that something that was made or purchased...i really like that...it looks sweet!!!

That is a pretty much needed mod for open tracking or road racing.
A member makes and sells them and they extend pad life in that environment as well as help keep our brake fluid from boiling. One of the very first mods I did when I was stock.
Here's the link: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/open-track-racing-203/295546-brake-cooling-ducts-5.html

I can get autozone rotors for $11 apiece...How's that for economy!

I'll be real surprised if those end up being correct. Have you already purchased and installed these, or just shopped them? Just doesn't sound realistic.:dw:

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I second the factory rotors. From the reading I have done they are by far the best bang for the buck.

Has anyone tried cryo'ing rotors. I think it could potentially help.

pony23

Established Member
I run the Baer Decella rotors all they way around. They have worked great so far. No track time on them, just street driving for now.

Users who are viewing this thread