• Roots

Votes: 21 10.5%
  • Twin Screw

Votes: 103 51.5%

• Total voters

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
the whine is nice but belt driven turbos are very fun and sound pretty nice too =)

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I like the centris because of their versatility but I don't like how loud they are at idle.

i dont mind the idle. the one thing i dont like about them is the noise at part throttle or city driving. sounds like you have a shop vac under the hood the way the bypass valve is always dumping air. at wot they sound nice though especially when they start to whistle.

about the idle thing.. i guess it also depends on which blower you have. for example the novi2200 which is the head unit i have is very quiet at idle because it has helical gears. but straight cut gear blowers are loud lol. for example the procharger f1 and vortech jt trim.

Last edited:

ttk53

Established Member
Manual street car on pump gas ---- Roots more torque feels like a big block
Auto track car on race fuel--------- Centri if I can't have a turbo

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Centri with 4.10's for anything lol..

But in all seriousness I'd love to have a turbo car.. lol

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I like them all. Just depends on the car. My friends with fox-bodies have vortech blowers and are fun to drive. My 03 has the roots and the instant torque is a blast. I haven't been in my friends 03 with a 2.8 Kenne yet, so I can't comment on that. As long as the car is set up for the blower, then they work well. Nothing like a Ysi and a healthy motor in a Fox body :)

Sonny Black

Go Bills!
Established Member
I like the PD blowers. Instant torque is a thing of beauty. I went with a roots style on my car, mainly for the reliability factor.

Like Vic said above, I, too, would likely go turbo if I could do it over again.

Last edited:

Mach828

Established Member
Centri :)

I like that it is fairly tame for cruising around the street in the lower rpms. You don't have to worry that once you nail the gas on street tires to pass grandma that its going to pitch the car 90 degrees like a twin screw.

And I enjoy the sound, and enjoy the cool intake charge even if you hot lap it. No heat soak means consistency.

Love the progressive, predictable power throughout the rpm band.

Last edited:

Lycosa

Established Member
Man it is dead even between twin and centri. I personally would pick turbo over all of them. In the end I would end up with a twin screw.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I loved the sound and the pull of my P1SC on a little 2V GT. I'd love to grab a ride in a Terminator with a Procharger to see how it compares to the Eaton or TS.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Centri :)

I like that it is fairly tame for cruising around the street in the lower rpms. You don't have to worry that once you nail the gas on street tires to pass grandma that its going to pitch the car 90 degrees like a twin screw.

And I enjoy the sound, and enjoy the cool intake charge even if you hot lap it. No heat soak means consistency.

Love the progressive, predictable power throughout the rpm band.

That really depends on the set up. My centri can kick the ass end just as fast as a twin screw if you're not paying attention.

IMO the centris get a bad rap on the street because 95% of the people running them aren't spinning them very hard. Once you start spinning a centri harder it really wakes up in the lower end. It'll never have a table top torque curve like a PD blower. But it can get close.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I also think centri get a bad rep because of how easily it is to setup a bad combo.. A lot of setups I run into are bad setups. It takes a little more thought and ingenuity to for a centri car to perform how you want. Can't just throw it all on and go imo.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I also think centri get a bad rep because of how easily it is to setup a bad combo.. A lot of setups I run into are bad setups. It takes a little more thought and ingenuity to for a centri car to perform how you want. Can't just throw it all on and go imo.

this is very true. wrong head unit size along with the wrong pulley setups and many times improper installation that will cause binding with constant belt shredding.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Roots.
I prefer the latest technology in PD superchargers.
Especially since it is trusted by Ford for the GT500.

Users who are viewing this thread