Roots Leather SVT Jacket on ebay

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
nice....why didnt i get one when I bought my cobra?? That sux. I would love to buy this off of u, but Im it wont fit me...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is a sweet jacket. Ford actually gave buyers of the '99 Cobra a leather jacket? Man, that is a lot nicer than the book I got with my '03. LOL! Good luck on selling it. Someone will probably buy it. Very unique!!

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
heheh...that is exactly what Ford was counting on...time...and forgetful people...

in 1999 Ford claimed the SVT Cobra produced 320 Fly Wheel HP...a LARGE number of enthusiasts dyno'd their cars and realised that the cars where developing far less than the claimed 320 hp...as part of a very large recall (and the cancellation of the 2000 SVT Cobra) ford replaced the exhaust/manifold and reprogammed all cars. This was not one of their "under the carpet" recalls, it was big...

Also, to appease the angry mobs of SVT owners, Ford had Roots make a sweet Leather Jacket. (Prolly did this so the quality would be better than the 99 cobra that they made themselves?). Forms where sent out and original owners could select the size of the jacket they wanted...took about 4 or more months to arrive but it is sweet indeed.

The point is though, that Ford would like to use the Force or a Roots jacket or whatever and ... quietly forget about a car that made less HP then stated... (which lead to today's policy of understating HP and NOT buying jackets for the owners...

Evan

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
Joe,

Selling it because I don't wear it...so its just taking up space for me...when I know somebody will absolutely love this jacket and use it the way it was meant to be used...like our Cobras!?!?!?!

Evan
:kaboom:

Joe D

Established Member
Warp03Cobra said:
Joe,

Selling it because I don't wear it...so its just taking up space for me...when I know somebody will absolutely love this jacket and use it the way it was meant to be used...like our Cobras!?!?!?!

Evan
:kaboom:

Hopefully it'l be me!

Thanks Evan,

Joe

mkdiehl

Established Member
I have a medium here that I just pulled out of the closet (moving and packing things up, coincidently).

I have never worn it. If this size works better for someone, let me know and make an offer.

Evan: Hope you aren't offended by my offer since the sizes are different.

matt

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
See? I told you it would sell easily. 10 bids and it's already up to $257. with 4 days to go. I'm anxious to see what it finally sells for. I'm going to say $350.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
CobraBob said:
See? I told you it would sell easily. 10 bids and it's already up to $257. with 4 days to go. I'm anxious to see what it finally sells for. I'm going to say $350.

With 4 more days it could go higher than that.

Users who are viewing this thread