Roof leaking in my coupe...

CyberDaveA

Established Member
I first noticed this a few months ago... I was driving home from work while it was raining. 3 times on the way home I had water drip down (about the amount inside of a plastic pepsi cap) from where the sun visor is screwed to the headliner.

Since then there hasn't been a single incident, until yesterday. I backed my car in to my space at work... which I usually don't do. It rained pretty good, and by the time I left to go home my whole front seat was soaked. Anybody have any suggestion on how I can fix this problem. It should be a warranty issue, but I don't want to take my car to the dealer because I'm afraid they will mess up my tint when they removed the headliner. I was thinking about using a real thin bead of clear silicone along the trim panels along the roof.

Anybody else have the leak problem? :shrug:

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
I would take it to the dealer, if they mess up the tint then it's their bad and they can pay to have it replaced.

svt2003cobra

Banned
I just got my windshield resealed not because of a water leak, but because it was squeaking and i could push it out at the rear view mirror. The glass guy said it want sealed across the top and barely down the sides. I found one other member on here with this problem. Hope this helps.

Chris

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Thanks for the help... I think I will try to reseal it myself first. It probably is the front windshield that is leaking.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why reseal it yourself unless you can do it professionally? Have the dealer do it right. You don't want headaches down the road when your warrantee expires.

Users who are viewing this thread