Romeo to Teksid block swap

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
Will my internals and heads swap over directly, or do I need machine work. I have the opportunity to buy a Teksid, which are quite rare in England as you will appreciate.

Thanks for any input.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Going in your '99? I think it would be a direct fit but I would not just drop it in without it getting checked out. You could need all the cylinders re-honed or even re-bored and who knows what else. At the very least, I would have it cleaned and honed.

I looked it to for my '03 (then you also have to grind off the knock sensor bosses in the intake valley), but figured with all the machine work, I would be just as well off buying a new FRPP block.

SlowSVT

Established Member
A Boss 5.0 block will hold up better then a Teksid plus you get 24 more cubes in the deal. Tousley sells them for about $1000 USD.

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
The problem lies in shipping costs and import duties. The one I have been offered is local to me and there for the taking.

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
The motor is going in a Sierra XR4i. It's my track car.

racebronco2

Established Member
A Boss 5.0 block will hold up better then a Teksid plus you get 24 more cubes in the deal. Tousley sells them for about $1000 USD.

Do you have any info on the boss block being better. For $1000.00 that's a good deal on a new block.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Do you have any info on the boss block being better. For $1000.00 that's a good deal on a new block.

Carlos

Actually I paid $935 for mine.

I never stated it was "better" but I can almost guarantee it's more "durable".

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread