SVT963

Been searching everywhere and can't find exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm in search for a roll cage (bar) that not only connects to the floor of our mustangs but also connects to the side pillars just as a seat belt harness bar would. The standard 6 and 4 point roll cages provide structural stiffness mainly from front to back and slightly from side to side, but the racing seat belt harnesses connect the interior from side to side on the side pillars just behind the front seats. Although the main point of the seat belt harness is obviously to attach four point seat belts for the front seats, it does provide very nice side to side stiffness in the open space that is the interior of the car that a 4 or 6 point roll cage just does not.
My question is whether or not there is a roll cage that not only has floor mounting points but also connects to the side pillars just as a seat belt harness bar would to tie the whole interior structure together. Thank you.
BpPrl1Z.jpg
iMftkMl.jpg

Sorry new to the site, not sure if the images went through.

SVT963

Anybody with any insight? My thoughts are you could purchase a proper six point roll cage and fabricate two more mounting points that would bolt into the factory seatbelt spots up between the front and rear quarter windows and then weld them onto the roll cage. I just feel like this would stiffen up the car that much more.

SVT963

So those little black brackets at the top of the verticals mount to the top seatbelt mounts for the front seats? Is there additional hardware that isn't shown on the website, any pics of it in your gt? Thank you

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah the little bracket mounts up to where the seatbelt mounts. I'm sure it isn't helping much, but at least it's something. I LOVED that cage. Very nice quality, and got rid of any squeaks I had. It also goes through into the trunk and mounts by the shock towers. The MM etc cages stay inside the interior, which doesn't seem like it would be as rigid.
I've owned my current Cobra since 2004 and have been contemplating getting another one for this car.

Here is the best pic I could find of the mounting point by the seatbelt. It also shows where the bar goes through into the trunk.

96a78440cfdbca8b4b6857a934f3bca8.jpg

SVT963

I gotcha yeah looks a little light but at least its something. I do like those rear strut mounting points too. Do you know if they offer the same exact setup plus an additional horizontal bar behind the back seat for a racing harness. I like the idea of having the harness attached to the cage rather than just the seat itself

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I gotcha yeah looks a little light but at least its something. I do like those rear strut mounting points too. Do you know if they offer the same exact setup plus an additional horizontal bar behind the back seat for a racing harness. I like the idea of having the harness attached to the cage rather than just the seat itself

I don't believe so, but shoot them an email, they may be able to do it for you. That cage was a great quality and it fit nice and tight, leaving lots of room in n the interior, and no door bar to ba g your knee on. The door bar stays along below the door line and bolts through up and out of the way in the footwells.

SVT963

Will do thank you for the info looks like a nice setup. Definitely nice and tucked away in comparison to some of the other cages

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Yeah the little bracket mounts up to where the seatbelt mounts. I'm sure it isn't helping much, but at least it's something. I LOVED that cage. Very nice quality, and got rid of any squeaks I had. It also goes through into the trunk and mounts by the shock towers. The MM etc cages stay inside the interior, which doesn't seem like it would be as rigid.
I've owned my current Cobra since 2004 and have been contemplating getting another one for this car.

Here is the best pic I could find of the mounting point by the seatbelt. It also shows where the bar goes through into the trunk.

View attachment 1443033
that does look good

Users who are viewing this thread