Roll cage question

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
Okay, I have been trying to get some info for buying a roll cage. I would be looking for an 8 point. I dont need the welding done, I have someone that could do that so I would need to find a place that I could purchase the kit. I checked MM and their kits look great but shipping out here is almost as much as the cage. The other 2 places were local enough that I could pick them up and save shipping costs. The names of these places are S&W Race Cars and Auto Weld Chassis. Has anyone heard anything about them?? Or any other suggestions??

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
S&W is a good company. My family actually racing with the owner Scott. He's a good guy. They build stuff for all kinds of applications

SWORDY

Banned
Theres a guy in my buddies neighborhood that builds rollcages, right off jaretsville rd. I can see what he would charge. I dont think he has kits tho just custom. I dont know if you would be interested in that??

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
Theres a guy in my buddies neighborhood that builds rollcages, right off jaretsville rd. I can see what he would charge. I dont think he has kits tho just custom. I dont know if you would be interested in that??

Yeah thats Tom Brush, he does an awesome job but he does the installs too. We talked to him before. I believe he is also VERY backed up.

wheelhopper

Established Member
What is your budget. I know a guy, but, it would probably cost over $2K for an 8 point cage. He does excellent work, just ask Antex.

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
I think I figured that I am going to go with a 6 point now, I was trying to keep the price a little lower so that I can get mine to the point of needing the roll bar too by the end of the winter. I would like to avoid as much welding as possible inside the car but I know that some will be needed. Some of these kits look like they come somewhat together for the most part and others look like a huge jigsaw puzzle with tubing.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
lorrie... should really stick with the 8 point... the 2 points from going from a 6 to an 8 point is 2 kicker bars that go down to the sub frame from the main hoop. it really helps tie everything together....
personally since mel is kinda on the tall side id find some one local who will build one cheap for you. if you go with an off the shelf piece you might loose a few inches for the seat to go back... i know when rhodes built the cage in ricks car they had the cross bar for the main hoop bent back around the seat so he didnt lose any room.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
Rhodes does a GREAT job and they are going to do mine. They are probably a little farther than you want to go.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Rhodes does a GREAT job and they are going to do mine. They are probably a little farther than you want to go.

yea ive told her about rhodes... but im pretty sure that a lil more then her and mel are looking to spend...

but your 100% correct you will not find any better work then the rhodes stuff! bar non best there is

blowns281

GARAGE QUEEN
Established Member
Lorrie mine was done by rhodes, if you want a custom cage they did a hell of a job, but if i was to buy a kit it would be an s/w, if mel needs a test fit, he can stop by anytime :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread