Rock Auto? Hard pass.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I've bought a lot of crap from them over the years with no real issues....until now...

Parts they list as correct were not. I returned said parts through their site on the return label they had me print out & use. Both parts in same box with return slips.

They claimed they cannot find one of the parts. Not my fault or problem. Here we are almost a month later and no refund. Just blatant ahole email replies or ignored completely. Then they get surprised I filed a PayPal claim.

So they can screw off at this point. Also filed a dispute w/my credit card. They lost a customer over a whole $25. What a bunch of idiots.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I've bought a lot of crap from them over the years with no real issues....until now...

Parts they list as correct were not. I returned said parts through their site on the return label they had me print out & use. Both parts in same box with return slips.

They claimed they cannot find one of the parts. Not my fault or problem. Here we are almost a month later and no refund. Just blatant ahole email replies or ignored completely. Then they get surprised I filed a PayPal claim.

So they can screw off at this point. Also filed a dispute w/my credit card. They lost a customer over a whole $25. What a bunch of idiots.

I have stopped using them too, same issue. They have sent the wrong parts to me twice, felt like I had to jump thru hoops to return the parts.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I quit using them years ago when I ordered a half-shaft from them for a Grand Prix GTP and they sent me one for a GT (shorter). I specifically ordered the one for the GTP because of this.

I ended up going down to the local AutoZone and grabbing one because I couldn't wait for them to send the correct part.

DropSVT

Established Member
Autozone FTW, but really though who buys parts online ? I always have to return stuff that doesn't work out

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
The only thing I have ever used of theirs was magnets that have various peoples cars on them that say so and so's Ford, Chevy, Chrysler built with Rock Auto parts. Other than that I'm sure glad I have not wasted my time with them.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I've never had an issue with my purchases from Rock Auto. But I could foresee them losing me as a customer the first time my order gets screwed up if this is a prime example of what they consider "customer service".

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I've never had an issue with my purchases from Rock Auto. But I could foresee them losing me as a customer the first time my order gets screwed up if this is a prime example of what they consider "customer service".
Same here

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Autozone FTW, but really though who buys parts online ? I always have to return stuff that doesn't work out

See below.
Lots of people for the Price
I actually buy a bunch from Amazon because of price. I do cross reference with other sites to check part numbers too.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I buy from Amazon.

I work for a vendor of RA's. Rock Auto doesn't stock anything themselves. Everything is cataloged, shipped, and returned through it's vendors own warehouses. If they've started stocking anything I'd be shocked. They do not stock anything of ours.

In the last few years they've added folks dedicated to fixing catalog errors. I deal with them anytime we have issues. But what you're going through is a vendor wide issue that effects a great deal of manufacturers. The majority of folks cataloging your parts don't know diddly squat about cars, and the engineers creating the parts don't know anything but how to duplicate widgets.

This could also be said about O'Reillys, Autozone, Advance, Carquest, Pepboys, and more. All of that bad data y'all are getting duped by gets sent off to them too. It's part of why I buy locally.

Also a friendly FYI, Autozone has recently initiated a decision to slash in store prices to compete with online. You'll find most everything on RockAuto (their benchmark from what I can tell) about 5% cheaper than Autozone. Otherwise your local AZ isn't much more.

OR and ADV have yet to jump on that wagon.

Coiled03

Established Member

Tons of people. Quite frankly, I'd rather buy online than deal with the mental midgets in ANY of the big box stores. The frustration of dealing with a return is probably less than that of dealing with their stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread